Thursday, September 28, 2006
So, yesterday when I got home from pottery I packed up the kids and headed off to Crown Point. Alicia went with me because her family is interested in signing up. It was a nice drive. By time be got back I was starving and normally I would have gotten a quick fix but luckily I had planned ahead and whipped a veggie & chicken stir fry in no time at all. I had some instant rice (I do have a stockpile of rice) that cooked in 10 minutes. It was yummy. Jake went on a trip yesterday and didn't get home until almost 8 PM so I didn't have to feed him. Which is nice because the plan is to eat leftovers tonight. It will still be new to him.
Tonight I am having a Stampin Up party. If you weren't invited it was probably because your invite was lost in the mail. I mailed them last week at the post office by my work and people weren't getting them until Monday. I spoke to a couple of people who said they didn't get them at all! Pooey. Anyhoo.....I am having this party so Jake gets home last night and almost immediately starts getting the kids ready for bed and I hit the dishes. After the kids get settled in I shampooed the carpet. Aren't you tired just reading this? Either way, I think my house is pretty clean and I am not going to kill myself making it perfect. So, if you want to buy some rubber stamps come on over and you can see just how clean my house is......
Well, have a fabulous day. I am off..................................
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Tonight's Dinner: Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Soup w. Wild (well my aren't so wild) Mushrooms, Cornbread & Fresh Peaches.
BTW...Last Nights dinner was really good. We tried some squash we hadn't had before. You should try it if you can find it. I did save the seeds, if anyone is interested in growing some.
This is Delicata Squash.
This one is called Sunshine Squash. It looks like a pumpkin but it isn't. It was sooooo good. It makes all other squash look bad. So if you can find it buy it and try it.
Let me know if you have had these before.
Monday, September 25, 2006
If you are wondering what's for dinner tonight.....
Mushroom Steak, Kale, Delicata Squash & Grapes.
Have a great day!
Saturday, September 23, 2006
- Buzz Lightyear Halloween costume
- 18 month Osh Kosh overalls
- a pair of workout pants (more on the working out in a post coming soon)
- a practically brand new pair of Disney Power Ranger PJ's (Jude has never watched this show but he was so excited when he found them)
- Memory Game
- Steve Madden Clogs (almost brand new - leather)
- American Eagle leather shoes (look like they were never even worn)
I cleaned out the garage yesterday and took all the stuff I had saved for the big Garage Sale I was planning to have so they gave me a 20% off coupon. So my grand total for all of that stuff was $17.56! Can you believe it? I was so excited. I rarely get out to the thrift stores but if you have time to look you can find some great deals. I will admit this is my first time buying shoes at a Thrift store but I used some Lysol on them last night and this morning they were dry.
I guess my three people aren't doing my tag. Oh well.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Grab the closest book you can find. Open it to page 123. Find the 5th sentence. Type the next 3 sentences, the book title, the author's name and tag three more people.
The Wild Girl by Jim Fergus
Now suddenly the girl looked me fully in the eyes and her moan turned to a hiss, a kind of snarl, and she sprang away from me wtih remarkable strength, crabbing backward into the corner of the cell, where she squatted and peered out at me through her hair like a trapped animal. She began to speak then her own language, a low, guttural ancient tongue that sounded like the mutterings of earth. "La chica esta loca," Jesus whispered.
I tag....Hubby Jake, Cousin Kelly and Correction G.
Have fun. I haven't actually read that book yet...I am saving it for vacation but now I just can't wait.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Well, I am still tired (I went to bed at 3 AM on friday night) and I want to get going. I will leave you with 10 things I learned this week-end and then some pics.
1. Teens can (and do) make a difference. 3 out of the 5 girls I had in my group sponsored kids for World Vision.
2. The Bible talks about cutting. I can't believe I never knew this. Matthew 5:5
3. Even the skinny teens girls EAT A LOT.
4. Do not mess with Nicole while she is sleeping. (You trifflin' is that how you spell that word?)
5. I can't listen to a girl talk about painful things like suicide, cutting, being used by boys, etc... without crying. I've turned so soft.
6. No matter how many times I hear Tammy Trent's story....I cry and I always will.
7. Hearing the truth about boys from a hot guy makes it so much more believable.
8. It takes a lot longer than 2 hours to get to Columbus with a bus load of girls than it would driving in a car by yourself.
9. Natalie Grant is awesome. I never even paid attention to her until Women of Faith and even then I didn't know how cool. Girls are lucky to have her around. She rocks.
10. Being old isn't so bad after all. I think I still relate.
Poo...the pics aren't working now. I will post them later.