Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Stir-Fried Thai Chicken Salad

I have had several requests for this recipe. I also got this one from the Better Crocker web page! This is how the recipe is written. I changed it up a little. I did NOT add the crushed red pepper, bok choy or peanuts. I just forgot to buy the bok choy. If you can find baby bok choy - I think that would be best. Oh, I didn't use the green onions either - I used regular onions and cooked them with everything else. I also added mushrooms and extra zucchini as well. You could add anything really. One last thing...I used leftover rotisserie chicken. I made jasmine rice with it. YUM....

Let me know if you try it and what you think. BTW...did anyone try that Thai Shrimp? I think I am going to make it again this weekend!


Stir-Fried Thai Chicken Salad


Sweet-and-Sour Dressing

1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Chicken Salad

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound cut-up boneless chicken breast for stir-fry
1 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips (2 cups)
1 1/2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
6 to 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch julienne strips (1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups chopped bok choy (stems and leaves)
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro


1. Mix all Sweet-and-Sour Dressing ingredients.
2. In 12-inch skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
3. Add zucchini, carrots, onions and pepper flakes; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in dressing. Cook and stir 1 minute. Serve over bok choy. Top with peanuts and cilantro.


Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
You can use an equal amount of spinach or green cabbage for the bok choy. To julienne means to cut food into long, thin matchlike strips. You can also cut the zucchini, carrots and onion into thin slices to save a little prep time. Time Saver Purchase preshredded carrots in the produce section of your supermarket.

Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 335 (Calories from Fat 205); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat ncg); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars ncg); Protein 23g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 58%; Vitamin C 34%; Calcium 12%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Vegetable; 2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: nc *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
© 2009 ®/TM General Mills All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't tried the Thai Shrimp yet, but it sounds really good.....maybe next weekend I will have to give it a try....



M.

delilah said...

M. Do I know you?

Anonymous said...

Yes Delilah, you do know me. I am a relative. LOL.


M.