Thursday, June 11, 2009

I posted this quiz....

On Facebook. Many of you took it but if you haven't you can. I wanted to have a chance to explain my answers. So, here is the quiz with the explaination at the bottom of the post!


1) Which job have I done in the past?
a) Server/Dancer
b) Abstinence Teacher
c) CPR/ First Aid Instructor
d) Insurance Sales
e) All of the Above...


2) Which activity haven't I done?
a) Gone on a blind date.
b) Watched a UFO fly over my house.
c) Stage dived.
d) Called Howard Stern on the telephone.
e) Gone sky diving.


3) What type of lessons did I take as a child?
a) Piano
b) Roller Skating
c) Gymastics
d) Ballet
e) None of the above


4) Which vacation have I NOT been on?
a) Camping on an island with no electricity.
b) A Caribbean Cruise
c) Sight seeing along the coast of Maine.
d) Backpacking in Colorado.
e) Family Vacation in the Outer Banks.


5) Where did I get my cat's name???
a) She is named after a childhood friend.
b) My boyfriend picked it.
c) A Poem by E. E. Cummings.
d) My favorite movie.
e) She already had the name when I got her.


6) What type of building did I get married in?
a) None...it happened on the beach.
b) Church.
c) Courthouse.
d) Barn.
e) Gazebo


7) Who was my best friend in High School?
a) Heather, my sister
b) Steph Norris
c) Jen F.
d) Mitch
e) Tiffany


8) What instrument did I play in the 8th grade band?
a) Bass Clarinet
b) Tuba
c) Drums
d) Piccolo
e) Cello


9) What am I allergic to?
a) Eggs
b) Dogs
c) Wheat
d) Corn
e) a, c & d


10) Which fact is true about me???
a) I used to shave part of my head.
b) I pierced my own nose.
c) I went out with a man I met by dialing the wrong #
d) I have a hole in my nose (on the inside).
e) All of the Above...




Okay...Here are the results.
1. All of the above. Most of you got this. I wasn't a dancer-dancer. I worked at Joe's Crab Shack and we had to do this little line dances. It was so fun. I did teach an Abstinence program for years in middle schools. Also fun. I was certified to teach CPR & First Aid through the Red Cross but I only taught for the agency I worked for. It was not that fun. Selling insurance - totally not fun at all.

2. LOL. Many people missed this one. I've been on exactly 3 blind dates. I did see a UFO. It was a real Unidenified Flying Object. Other people saw it to (although at the time I didn't know that) and there was even an article in the paper about the sightings. It looked NOTHING like the UFO's on TV but it was GIANT and not like anything I have seen before. I think it was probably some government thing.... You know I've stage dived. Howard Stern. I was like 'why do people believe THAT?' Then I realized it is because lots of people call Howard Stern - what I should have said was called Howard Stern at his PRIVATE residence. And yes I did that. I have not gone sky diving and don't plan to EVER do something so stupid.

3. Yes I took Roller Skating Lessons. I even had the little skating skirt. Someday I will join the roller derby.

4. I went camping with the Miller family and their foster children in Florida (Cayo Costa). It was an island with no electricity. I was pregnant. It was fun and I'd like to go back. Jake and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon. We probably won't ever do that again. We ate like pigs and I gained 10 lbs in one week that I have yet to loose. We've been to Maine and loved it. And we have been to the Outer Banks several times....also like that. But backpacking? Jake and his family are into that and I am not saying I will never try it but I am not too keen on pooping in the woods. Just sayin'.

5. My cat - Molly is from a E.E. Cummings poem.
maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach(to play one day)
and maggie discovered a shell that sang so
sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles,
andmilly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;
and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:
and may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.
For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it's always ourselves we find in the sea

6. Yes, it is true. We got married in a Barn. It was part of our hillbilly theme.

7. Steph Norris was my best friend through middle and high school. I didn't meet Jen F. until college. Tiffany and I always knew each other but didn't become friends until after I graduated. Mitch was the boyfriend.

8. Bass Clarinet.

9. Well, you know I am allergic to everything.

10. Yes I used to have an undercut and shaved the bottom half of my hair. What was I thinking? I did pierce my own nose. What was I thinking? I did go out with a man I met by dialing the wrong number. What was I thinking. Yes, I have a deviated septum from a botched cauterization. I could wear a bull ring but that would just look silly wouldn't it?

So, you want to know about the guy I went on the date with. I was at a middle school and I was calling another middle school. The number on the paper I had was incorrect but I didn't know that. This guy answers and says something like Hello, can I help you. So I think it is the school. He explains and then we chat for a few minutes. He was studying for some big board exam. He was a Resident student. He said he would like to take me to lunch. We ended up going to my FAVORITE mexican place and I made my friend Megan go with me. He was much older and nothing special. He sent me a postcard from some other country. Never heard from him again.

2 comments:

Heather Hurt said...

You should call your blog "The Gypsy Way". B/C that's what you are, my friend. A domesticated gypsy- a member of a wondering race... that loves home... hhhmmm. I love it!

Jacki S. said...

Yeah, I think you'd better get back to that friend of yours about the slings. She might even be willing to come help pin and cut and all that stuff-or just chat :) (she's not much of a sewer, which is why she contacted you).