Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bathing Suits....

Every Friday morning I meet with a couple of ladies from Church at Panera Bread for coffee & a devotional. It has been really great. Honestly, at first I wasn't so sure about it but I really do enjoy the time. Often times we sit and just catch up about the weeks happenings and whatever craziness is going on in our lives. We are an unlikely group of friends.....quite a Motley Crew if you ask me. This week we all had to be somewhere pretty early so we were still chatting as we got our refills to go. I was telling them how I just bought a bathing suit for the first time in YEARS. I had made a Facebook update about it and there were several comments about how it was the end of summer and I wouldn't be using it. The truth is because I have a little extra "baggage" up top I can't just buy any bathing suit. I need one with built in equipment. The kind that Target doesn't sell. And it has not been our budget to spent $80-$90 on a bathing suit. So, kept the ill fitting one I've had for years and just didn't go swimming. LOL. Anyhoo...back to my story. I was telling the girls I bought a bathing suit from Lands End online. I did not try it on. I picked on out that I thought I would like and I bought it. I know....what woman does that? As we were talking bathing suit shopping, another woman: whom we have never met before, began telling us about her bathing suit woes and who she couldn't find one with an under wire to support her large chest. She said she went to Macy's and bought a Miraclesuit. She gave us a description and everything. After she left another woman gave me her thoughts on bathing suit shopping. She is not fond of it but said she was going to check out Land's End because I told her how I only paid $25 for a $90 bathing suit!!!! As I was walking out of Panera, I was thinking about how interesting it is that all women have an opinion about bathing suits. Strong enough opinions to discuss our boobs in public to strangers. I think it really comes from the dissatisfaction of our bodies. I don't think men think twice about putting on a bathing suit and taking off their shirts. But women....I don't know, I think for most of us it is difficult to expose ourselves. I don't know about you but I love the security of a loose pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. LOL. Well, in the end I did get my bathing suit and I like it as far as bathing suits go. I probably won't use it until next year...but next year I will be prepared! And I got a fabulous deal. BTW...the picture to the right is the bathing suit I bought. Yes, I got it in red. When I tried it on Jude looked at me and said, "you should have bought a black one"! Oh, my children know me so well. I just liked the red one so that is the one I got.

Now if I could just find a cheap cover up.........

1 comment:

Mandy said...

We own a pool and I just bought a bathing suit for the 1st time in years! I think I found a solution to the dreaded shopping....take someone with you! Ea and I went togather and tried them on in stalls next to each other. We were laughing so hard at each others comments about ourselves, that it didn't seem so awful!