- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pasta (I used spaghetti but most called for linguine)
- 1 onion, chopped
- a dash of garlic powder (only because I was out of garlic)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (I used chardonnay...is that dry????)
- fresh basil (chopped)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and return water to a boil. Let pasta cook until al dente; drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent. Drain the cans of minced clams, reserving half of the juice.
- Stir the clams, reserved juice, butter, salt and pepper, and wine. Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes, until the sauce has reduced 1/3 and has thickened.
- Spoon the clam sauce over the pasta and serve.
- Top with basil and cheese.