Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Elise's Birthday...

My little Elise turned 4 last week. How quickly the time has gone by. She is such a sweet little girl. I have said it many times....she walks to the beat of her own drummer. She is a bit of a loner and has an artistic side. She is the girl who when she was only two would get into the sugar container and lick her finger to get some sugar to stick to it. And she is the three year old who asked me to let her get a purple mohawk. She also told me she wanted Daddy to buy a motorcycle. Hmmmm....I think I'm gonna be in trouble. She loves to wear dresses, although she doesn't always match. She doesn't care and really I don't either. A couple of weeks ago this is what she came up with....


Not so bad....until you get the rest of the story.

Those are purple Halloween socks and ruby red glitter shoes.

This year I asked her what kind of birthday party she wanted. She said Hello Kitty. She had Hello Kitty last year too, so I wasn't that surprised. So, I took her to Target to get her party stuff. When we got there she decided (against my pretty much begging for Hello Kitty) she wanted this stuff for her party....

Do you see there is a skull on those plates??? This is what my four year old likes. Did I say I am going to be in trouble? I am.

I made her a wheat free cake. It was dry but she liked it anyways. She did not care. Everyone else got regular cupcakes. I did make homemade butter cream frosting that I thought was super fab - but no one really commented on it.





Elise got lots of great gifts. Nana made her play dough that doesn't have wheat in it since Elise broke out in hives the last time she played with the real stuff. The Looman's got her a doll that I almost bought on two different occassions. Avery wanted it immediately. All the kids were playing with it. The next day Elise had the baby and Avery wanted it so she hit Elise in the mouth with the watering can Elise got from Aunt Heather and gave Elise a fat lip! Nice. My Mom & Dad bought Avery a doll later that day.


Here is the watering can.


Jacob & Avery feeding the baby.


Joshua practicing how to be a good Daddy.



Avery spoiled.

4 comments:

amyd76 said...

Elise reminds me alot of Isabella in their fashion choices. There are many times Isabella chooses to wear things that don't match- clothes, two different socks, two different flip flops. I don't argue...most of the time. I think it's great. I think it's awesome that they are just fine with being different. Hopefully that sticks with them thru the years. :)

Jennifer Fetterman said...

helloooo.. don't I get props for all those Hello Kitty stickers!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, I know I'm late, I've had company (and it's past midnight), just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you on YOUR day.

Love you lots,
Aunt D.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, that's awesome. I like her style!

Steph