Anatomy and Puberty day went smoothly. We had another teacher out teaching in the other 6th grade classroom. She had a kid throw up. I guess she didn't even know he got sick because he actually left the room then barfed. I was a little disappointed it wasn't in my room. Isn't that awful. I did have lots of funny questions and comments. Here is a list of some good ones.....
- Testicles need to be "room temperature" in order to make sperm. That is why they are on the outside of the body.
- Someone asked why the call it "The birds and the bees". I actually have this pamphlet about "talking to you kids about sex" the Ohio Dept. of Health put out in 1921 (Linda gave it to me). I was reading it and it suggests you explain how birds or bees carry pollen from one flower to another and that is how a flower is "fertilized" and can grow into a fruit or vegetable. So, if you ever wondered that yourself...now you know.
- One girl said, "Mrs. Miller, Let me get this straight- You have to have S-E-X to have a baby?" Later she asked a teacher's aid how Mary got pregnant with Jesus.
- Pubic hair is to keep you warm.
- One keg of beer (which is 15 gallons) has the same amount of alcohol as 1 shot of whiskey. Oh and so does a bottle of moonshine (how do these kids even know what moonshine is????). There is a question in one of the games that how much beer or wine is equal to the amount of alcohol in a shot of whiskey.