Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sleeping in....

Last night I didn't go to bed until around midnight because my friend came over and I helped her sign up for an eharmony account. If it is something you are thinking about doing let me warn you....it takes a long time to completely fill out all the questions they ask you. So, I didn't go to bed until late. When my alarm clock went off at 6 A.M. I hit snooze over and over again. Finally, somewhere around 6:40 I decided to just turn the dumb thing off. I told Jake he needed to get up for work and he did. I, however, went right back to sleep. So, I am laying in bed somewhere in dreamland and I hear a knock at my door. It was Alicia, the babysitter. She had let herself in, like she always does and didn't think anything about the fact that I didn't come right down. I am usually finishing up when she arrives. She turned on the T.V. and waited. After about 15-20 minutes she decided she should go upstairs and make sure I was awake since she didn't hear me walking around or anything. So, that is how I woke up this morning. I took a shower, did my hair, got dressed, put on my make-up and brushed my teeth in a record 18 minutes. I guess I need Jude to wake me up in the morning! Elise was still asleep. She usually wakes up around 8:30-9:00.

So, Jake and I have been Geocaching a lot more lately. It seems we go through phases with it. Sunday we let Elise with Alicia and headed off for the woods. We would have taken her but she refuses to sleep in the backpack thing and she was very tired before we even set out for the journey. It was a short hike (2 miles, maybe?) but it wasn't even terrain - made for a little bit of a challenge. It was fun. We found the first two caches with little trouble but the last one...we searched and searched. Finally we gave in and called the babysitter to look it up on line for us and tell us the hint they gave. As soon as we got it we found the cache within a 2 minutes. It did rain a little but since we were in the thick of the woods we had some cover. It was very humid. We were dirty and smelly by the time we got home.

We are heading for Tennessee next week-end and hope to do a bunch while we are down there.

1 comment:

Jake said...

The alarm clock goes off every 10 minutes after pushing snooze, it is the most anoying thing when it is not your alarm clock.