Friday, April 20, 2007

My Week....Reviewed

Okay this is what I have been doing this week....

Monday - Went to a Relay for Life fundraiser Bingo/Auction thingy. It was fun but very crowded. I sold my first piece of artwork. Justiene bought it. Wasn't that nice of her. Oh, earlier in the day on Monday I got a call from Jake at like 8:30 A.M. He had a Dr.'s appointment at 9:30 A.M. I had asked him the week before if he wanted me to go with him (he had some blood work done and some levels were "elevated") but he said no. But...when Monday morning came around he was sitting at work and I think the guys were like "why isn't your wife going?". So, he called me at 8:30 to say he wanted me there. Mind you...when he called I wasn't showered or dressed, the kids were still in their pj's and I was elbow deep in raisin bread! Yikes. Somehow I made it there just in time for the appointment (wearing a baseball hat). Turns out his blood work was fine. The doc said he needs to exercise and get his "good" cholesterol up. No biggie. Pretty much it was a follow up he was supposed to do at this time last year after his little hospital stay.

Tuesday - Did piles and piles of laundry. Seriously, I think I did 12 loads. It was a busy day. I also packed a suitcase for the kids to go to Tennessee for a few days!!!!!

Wednesday - Drove (with my sister) to Kentucky and met my parents to give them the kids. It wasn't a bad car drive at all. The kids were good and the traffic was fine. Went to pottery when I got home. Did a little celebration dance when Sanjaya was kicked of American Idol.

Thursday - You would think I would have taken a bubble bath and relaxed or even tried to catch up on my cleaning or something. I didn't. I spent the whole day feeling crappy and extremely hormonal. I didn't really get much done. I did go to Jo Ann etc and bought some fabric to make a few slings - which are going to be so very cute. I am going to use one for a Relay for Life raffle (wanna buy a ticket????).

Friday - Oh...that is today. I spent hours (literally) shampooing every inch of carpet or rug in the is house. Everything looks so nice and smells so fresh! After I got that done Jake and I went and looked at a house. I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyy want to buy this house but...it might not work out for us right now. Our credit looked so good until November when I was laid off/"let go" from my job. We are finally back on track but our credit took a hit. Up until that time we hadn't even paid things late before so it was a pretty big deal. We weren't planning to buy a house right now because of the whole credit thing but now we found this house. And I love it. I want it. You have no idea. Huge yard...a zillion windows....a fireplace....big kitchen.....a wrap around porch. It is beautiful. We are trying to work out some type of deal. Right now we are getting ready to go shopping. Jake doesn't know it yet but we are going to be shopping for rugs (the house has all hardwood floors!!!). ha ha ha. I guess that would be rushing things a bit. I LOVE this house. The porch is big enough to have a party on it. Seriously. And there are like 3 living rooms, walk in closets, did I mention the windows???? I could go on and on...oh wait I already did that. Okay, enough about the house. If it is meant to be it will happen. If not, I will accept it.

So, that is my week in a nutshell. I am going to Tennessee next week. Jake will be in in Texas for work. I am distraught over the whole thing but I guess I'll leave that for another blog post. The weather is finally starting to warm up again. Thank God. I need the sunshine.

Well, have a great day and week-end.

2 comments:

Justiene said...

Wow!! that sounds like my week. I will not be able to take off work to go to Tenn. with you but keep me in mind next time you go I would love to go and I love your family they are so nice, and you did almost have me when you said they had 3 4wheelers that I could ride but I can't get the time off work...:(

Stephanie Appleton said...

Sounds like a busy week! Where is the house?

Enjoy your alone time!