Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I am just busy....

I know I am always complaining about time. I need more of it. Yesterday I started the laundry and cleaned out some stuff in the basement. I have decided that I am going to tackle all these craft projects I have. I was talking to a friend last week and she was telling me about this guy she used to date and how his mother had craft stuff piled to the ceiling....in multiple rooms. Yikes. I don't want to be like that but I feel like I am well on my way. I love to scrapbook and make cards but I feel limited with my space here. We used to live in a house where I could leave all the stuff out and go back to work on in for a few minutes when I could get away but now....if I did that Elise would be making her own art out of my acid free paper and stuff. So, my scrapbooking is really behind. Then there is the sewing. Same dilemma really - my sewing machine is sitting out right now but it is taking up my folding table. I have been working on tiles for my mosaic table I am going to make this summer. It is more of an outside project. I made some tiles in pottery class and they turned out really cool. I need to make many more. I think I am going to go with a blue/green theme for the table. Yesterday I started working on these little bird bath things I saw at a craft show last year. I ran out and bought the stuff to make two (one for my mom & one for Linda) but never got around to it. As I was "designing" them I decided I didn't like them. Luckily, I can use the supplies for something else. Last month I went to this jewelry making thing with the ladies from my church. It was fun. Then I went to a jewelry party with my sister. I saw a ton of stuff I liked and thought....I can make that. So I bought a few things and have been making some stuff. I used to make necklaces and bracelets a lot when I was younger but had really gotten away from doing it. I have too many hobbies. I like them all. I think I like pottery the best but I can only afford to do that once a week. Maybe someday I can have my own "space" at home. I went to this little shop in Tennessee, while visiting my folks. This lady and her sister make just about everything in the store...quilts, painted stuff, wood things, pottery, candles, etc..... I want to have a store like that. How cool.... I could create and make some money. I doubt it would be very popular in this part of Ohio, though. I'd have to move someplace more touristy. For now, I will have to settle with just having a garage sale and getting rid of some of my junk. Until then I guess I will just keep blogging about it.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Delilah does a really good job of taking care of stuff around the house. I don't know how she does it.

Justiene said...

Hey, that is sort of funny actually because when I was growing up my grandpa used to always buy me and my brother scratch off lotery cards when we would come to visit. And he would always say "now when we hit it big I am buying you a nice place to sell all your beautiful homemade stuff" He passed away a long time ago now, but I always remember that when I am making something new or working on yet another project...which is like all the time. So in other words I am with ya if you ever decide to do something like that. I would love to be a stay at home mom (someday) and make money creating things with my hands and mind.