Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Shooting Stars

Life has been so crazy. I probably say that way too much here in my blog. I really would like to blog everyday. And as you all know, I do have lots to say but I just can't find the time. I am teaching at R.B. Chamberlin Middle School in Twinsburg. It is a great school with well behaved kids and a nice racial balance. I am happy to be there. I know some of the kids are sexually active but not that many. It is easier to talk to kids who haven't actually had sex. I think prevention is just easier in general.

So after working all day I went to Wooster to do a Discovery Toys party. It was really nice. But I have HORRIBLE night vision. I was driving for an hour on these very dark country roads. I am suprised I made it there. I know Jake was worried for my safety. I called him, lost and frustrated. Either way I made it there and home in one piece. And I must admit it really stunk driving back to the city after being out in the open country air. There wasn't traffic and it was quiet. Just when I think I am content where I am...I see "the other side". So, before I left I stood outside in the dark and talked to LeAnn for a few minutes. We haven't seen each other for a long time and lots of catching up to do. I was standing there admiring the stars (the are amazingly bright in Wooster). Just then...I saw a shooting star. Have you even seen one? I remember the first time I ever had the pleasure. I was driving down a country road in Vermilion. I was 19 years old. I looked up and there it was...I made a wish. I wasted my first shooting star wish on a boy. Ahhhh youth. Anyway, last night I didn't make a wish. But later, as I was driving home I saw 3 (YES THREE) more shooting stars. That is 4 in one night! I actually saw two at the same time. Isn't that so cool? I told Jake I think it meant something serious was going to happen. Like God was trying to tell me something. Jake said to wish for money. Then we started talking about the lottery and how it is up to 225 million. The next thing I knew I was back in Akron with the traffic, bright lights and noise. I could barely see the stars...not that I stopped to look for them. Isn't that something?

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I hate to rub it in but I see at least 2-3 shooting star every night down here.....

Justiene said...

So what about the lottery.... are you holding out on us???