Saturday, August 04, 2007

Back to Blogging....

Oh what a week. If you have ever had a baby you know that the week after you give birth you have a dramatic drop in your hormone levels and it can be....well, interesting. This week has indeed been interesting. I'll spare you the details - although they are probably quite entertaining, I think it is too soon. Ha.

The baby is great. She has proven to quite a good baby so far. She is already on somewhat of a schedule. Elise did the same thing almost immediately. She has only been waking up once a night to eat. It is so nice. I could have 2 or 3 babies at a time if they were all this easy. She is already growing - which makes me so sad, since I know she is my last baby. Also - probably a hormone thing.

We have had lots of help. My mom was here for most of the week. On Thursday she took Jude & Elise and went to Tennessee. I didn't really want the kids to go away because I didn't want them to feel like I was trading them in and I wanted to make sure they adjusted to having a baby around. BUT...they really wanted to go, my mom wanted to go and did I mention I am a little hormonal???? As soon as they left I wanted them to come back but.... They will be home on Monday and they are having fun with Nana & Poppy. Elise won't even talk to me on the phone. Before he left, Jude told me he would miss his baby sister but I think he has already forgotten about her because he hasn't mentioned her! Both Jude and Elise were doing just fine with the baby around. Elise wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. She only poked Avery in the eye once. She asked to hold her a few times and when she played with her dolls she now calls them "baby sister". Isn't that cute. I think Jude thinks Avery is a little boring still. He keeps asking when she will be able to walk and talk. Oh, and did I tell you??? He doesn't call her Avery. He calls her Skye. Elise goes back and forth. Jude wanted us to name her Skye all along so that is what he calls her. I think it is cute.

Other than my mom helping out - Jake has been home from work. He is going to start going back for a few hours at time next week. I still need him a little because I CAN'T DRIVE! It drives me crazy. The kids will be back on Monday and it will be just us for a couple of days, then Linda (Jake's mom) is coming to stay for a few days. I should be good to go by then. I've had a few "complications" in the healing process this time so I am a little slower than I think I was with Elise at this point. Maybe I just don't remember clearly. Either way, people have been bringing meals over to us. Most of the people are from our church and a few from our old church. It has been sooooo nice not to have to think about dinner - it just shows up. And everything has been absolutely delicious. It is a good thing it is only for two weeks otherwise I may never loose the baby weight. Last night the dinner included cake. Before I cut into it I thought....I hope this cake is strawberry or cherry chip - what are the chances....It was!!! I ate a huge piece. That isn't good for the girly figure.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad you're getting back into the swing of things. It's so nice when they let you sleep a decent number of hours at night.
Consider yourself lucky. I honestly don't remember one single meal being delivered to us after we had either of our kids. I remember cooking and freezing some things ahead of time and, on occasion, someone would offer to pick something up for supper for us, but no one delivered meals.

Mandy said...

It was nice having the help after I had the boys but it was also nice to get back into a routine just being a family. I'm glad that she has been so good for you!