Monday, August 06, 2007

Visitors...

We've had a lot of visitors over the last 10 days. It has been nice. This week-end was pretty quiet. Although I got a myspace message and I think one of my friends did want to come and visit but I didn't listen to her message on my phone (sorry I hadn't charged the battery - I am going to listen to it as soon as I am done typing this....). So that was a bummer to miss her. We really did a whole lot of nothing this week-end. The kids were with Nana & Poppy so we had all this free time. We were talking about it and laughing because now we find it unbelievably easy with just one kid but when we just had Jude we thought it was so difficult. Ha ha ha haha. Only if we knew then what we know now. Perhaps we would have enjoyed it more. Anyhoo......

Last night we got a call from Jake's cousin Emma. Remember the Amish cousin? Well, she had told me she was going to be coming up on July 10th but I never heard from her. I was disappointed but didn't really think about it since. I told Jake I just wasn't cool enough for his Amish relatives. But, last night she called and said they would be in the area. How exciting. She wasn't sure what time she would be around but she said she would call. So, this morning at 8 A.M. the phone rings. It was Sarah Ann (Emma's sister). She said they were in Cuyahoga Falls already. Yikes....I was still in bed. I needed to shower and get ready and bath the baby and clean up the house a little and make something to drink and on and on my list went. Jake was already at work. Before the panic set in she told me they were going to go to Marcs & the Village Thrift (it is 50 cent Monday) and then they were going to stop by but first they needed directions to the Village Thrift. Whew...they showed up around 10:30. It was nice. Sarah Ann & Emma came in but the other ladies didn't want to since they didn't know me. When they found out I have a 10 day old baby they came right in. It was just a short visit. We talked about birthing babies, c-sections, getting your tubes tied, picking peaches and canning corn. Kind of a strange mix of conversation with the Amish girls. Really they are not much different than me. Right before they left the one lady said she had just learned the song "Hey There Delilah". I told her it was about me and we all had a laugh. Either way...I thought it was cool that I had Amish visitors so I wanted to tell ya'll about it. Have a good one.

5 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

man, what an absolute image buster you are, Amish girls normal? no say it ain't so! I can take it anymore....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear they stopped in.

Linda

Jake said...

If you think about it, isn't it weird that they know the song "Hey, there Delilah"?

~Jacki said...

I almost came and just stopped in for a minute to see the baby. I was at the Quirk to see The Wizard of Oz and I could see the house :) I didn't want to sstop by on such short notice though (although, I don't mind if you have nothing to drink, are smelly, and have toys thrown all over the house). I'll bein the area a couple times this week if you are free and don't mind a short visit. I'll even change dirty diapers to give you a break :)

Anonymous said...

Gabriella would have been bummed if she couldn't play w/ Jude & Elise-so maybe another time.
melanie