Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Gifts....

Jude's Birthday is coming up in the next couple of weeks. We have been thinking about what to get him. I always feel like my kids have enough toys but really Jude hasn't had any new toys since last Christmas. And toys aren't necessarily bad. I am sure he will get toys from other people so that is rarely the gift I choose. So I am thinking....do I get him clothes? He could use some. That is no fun. Jake and I thought about a new bike. The one he has is fine but by next summer he will be growing out of it. So, do we get him a too big bike now or just buy him a bike for no reason in the summer? We really can't afford a bike right now. A couple of weeks ago he found the Toys R Us ad and went crazy! He circled the things he wanted: Night vision goggles, a remote control dinosaur and an electric guitar w. amp. Great. Well, on Friday we went to the Mall. We RARELY go there so the kids get all excited. We usually take them to the pet store to look at the poor little puppies in their cages. After looking we went to leave and Jude insists on looking at the other stuff: ferrets, fish, birds, hamsters & mice. He wanted to hold a bunny. I said no. Then he wanted to hold guinea pig. I said no. Finally I decided I would pick up a mouse. I just knew he would be scared. NOPE. He held it and thought it was the cutest thing ever. Now he wants a mouse for his birthday. He said he would rather have a mouse than a DOG! What in the WORLD? The next day he kept talking about it and I told him he doesn't have a place to put a mouse since his dresser is always cluttered with his junk. He cleaned it off. I should have known. There are a lot of kid movies with mice (ex. Stuart Little). And last summer we read 'The Mouse & the Motorcycle'. He wants to name his mouse Ralph. We are currently discussing it. This boy really wants a pet and the fish just aren't doing it for him. He doesn't even pay attention to the cat. I think I am her only friend in this house (thanks a lot Jake). A mouse probably isn't as bad as some pets (famous last words, eh?). I'll let you know what we decided......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... did Jude end up getting a mouse?