Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Lost Friends....

I have been thinking lately about friends. I have been blessed throughout my life with great friends. No matter what stage I was going through or where I was I always got to know intersting and fabulous people. I could sit and tell you stories all day long. I have shared a few with you along the way....so you already know a little. Anyhoo. There is a reason for this post. Although I have had many people touch my life I have lost many friends through the years. Many times when my circumstance changed or when I moved I lost contact with friends. A great example of that is work. I have worked jobs and befriended a many coworker. I have taken a few friendships with me when I was no longer employed but many times people I saw on a daily basis and even spent time outside of work with just got lost. That is really the only way I can explain it. Sometimes you just take for granted a person will always be there and then you loose touch. I do have friends that even if we don't talk for a very long time - when we do it is like time never passed between us. I love that. A few months ago Jake and I were out to eat and I saw this girl who I thought looked familiar. I asked if she used to work at Allstate. She was so shocked and said "Yes, like forever ago." She was pregnant at the time. She had a young teen girl sitting with her. I said, I am Delilah. She was suprised to see me and she laughed and told the people she was with....I was just telling you a story about her! Funny. We exchanged cards but haven't spoken since. I'm not sure why.

When I first went to Kent I worked at Toys R Us. I met this girl named Lisa. She was from Struthers or Poland Ohio. She went to the University of Akron. We immediately clicked and started hanging out all the time. We dated guys that were best friends. LOL. She went to Columbus with me to visit another friend. I still have pictures of her. Well, after hanging out with me for one semester she, unfortunately, flunked her fisrt semester of college and didn't make it back for a second. We kept in contact for a while but I have no idea where she is now. I can't even remember her last name.

So, many of you know my story of my "best friend" who basically dumped me after I got married and then got pregnant. I haven't ever blogged about it because I honestly, don't even really understand what happened. Funny, thinking about it many of you were dumped too. Regardless....I tried to talk to her about it a couple of years later and she told me she wasn't interesting in my "negativity". Still....a little in shock about that, since I still don't know why she went from being a friend to a foe overnight. Maybe it was coming for a while and I just didn't see it. So....she and I work in the same field. A couple of years ago my sister ran into her dad and come to find out - she lived only a few short blocks from me. Later Jake was looking at the property transfers in the newspaper and saw she bought a house not quite as close but in the same city....on the same side of the tracks! I have never run into her anywhere. I had just said a couple of weeks ago, that if she saw me she probably wouldn't talk to me or she would avoid me. Well, a couple of Sunday's ago I got to put that very theory to test. Jake and I went to the grocery store after church. He dropped me off at the door so he could get gas, then he was going to meet me inside. I got out and went on my way. When we were leaving the store, Jake said..."Did you see Tiffany?" I said, What???? He said she was right behind you when you got out of the car! Are you kidding me? Sure enough right then we walked past her car. He said there was absolutely NO WAY she could not have seen you. Maybe she didn't. I can't know for sure because I didn't see her - she was behind me. I am really at a loss...... I guess it isn't meant for me to ever understand. I used to think, "Someday when I talk to Tiffany again I will tell her I ran into this person or about this happening." I don't think that anymore. If she had talked to me in the store I would have been friendly, smiled, asked her how she was...... I don't think we will ever be friends again. Too much...too long... Ya know?

Well, lucky for me occassionally I will run into an old friend and reunite....although at times it is brief. I love when that happens. Myspace, my blog, Facebook, Classmates....I love 'em. Maybe next time I will post "Lost Friends Found"!

3 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

How are those notes coming?

Mandy said...

Some old friends are worth finding and some are not! Trust me I've found both. Don't look too long in the past. You might miss a few new friends!

Anonymous said...

and some family members are not worth looking up either.