Friday, January 09, 2009

Under Pressure.....

No, I am not talking about stress. I am practically stress free this week! I am speaking about cooking. A couple of years ago I got a fantastic deal on a pressure cooker. I snatched it up and brought it home. I didn't use if for a long time. Then I tried cabbage rolls. It was awesome....they took about 1/2 hour! Isn't that just crazy? Well, again I didn't use it for the longest time until recently. I have been using it all the time. It is great. I cooked chicken breast on the bone in 10 minutes. A roast with veggies only took Jake 40 minutes. I am so in love with this gadget! I have great intentions with planning my meals...it is the execution of the plan that troubles me. The pressure cooker is my answer! The crock pot is great but it takes time in the mornings, which is always chaotic for me.

For those of you worried about the thing exploding - I will admit I was a little nervous at first - they are practically fool proof these days! All the latest pressure cookers come with safety devices that won't allow them to explode. Seriously I encourage everyone to try cooking this way!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

My mom bought me one I rarely use. She uses hers always. The problem now is that it is not big enough for my family. I could never fit a roast big enough to feed my troup in that thing.

Heather said...

I should look into a pressure cooker for that very same reason. Even though I have about 90 minutes after the kids leave in the morning, I rarely get supper in the crock pot. The only thing I am leery about is using one on my glass cooktop. I've heard that pressure cookers shouldn't be used on them. Must check that out.