Monday, September 26, 2005

4 Days...

Yes I should be packing, I know. I decided not to post the number of boxes I packed today because it was (once again) pathetic. I spent the better part of today avoiding the packing. I woke up, typed a letter for my other blog, packed a few boxes, took a shower, fed the kids, took a nap, went to the grocery store, read my email and all the blogs I keep up with, etc... One big problem I have while packing is that I start digging through old stuff and end up very side tracked. Last night I was digging through this old trunk of old stuff I have collected over the years. I was tossing old junk and I found this business card. I thought it was a strange place for it. I turned it over and it said ******************. Most of you are probably wondering why this buisness card is significant. Well, let me tell you: *************** is the old name for ***********, which is the church I attend. I did not go to the church when it was the ************. In fact when it was called that I didn't attend any church on a regular basis. I spent Saturday evenings at the bar or throwing a party and Sunday mornings hung over (some of you were there, you remember!). I don't remember how or when I acquired the business card but I still have it. I kept it all those years (6 or more). It was the only business card I had in that big trunk of junk. I can only speculate that I may have waited on Pastor Mike back in the day at Joe's Crab Shack or East Side Mario's and maybe he left it for me. Either way I think it is just crazy.

Tomorrow is a big day. It is the beginning of the end. We get our last respite kid. She is only staying until Thursday and she is a real sweet kid. It is a nice way to end our three years as houseparents. It has been fun, crazy, stressful and very entertaining. Hopefully we have made a difference in some of these kids lives.

Talk to you tomorrow.

4 comments:

cac said...

Congratulations on the procrastination!!!! Are you excited?
Now back to work you don't have that many days left..

cac said...

Hey I visited that Borrow me website it seems really intersting. It is not fully functional yet but as a charter member you get bonus points. Freecycle has been great to help get rid of some of my things. I haven't been on the receiving end yet (I do not sit by my email) but the borrow thing has potential especially if they are offering up powerwashers..... good luck with the packing. Hey I lost your email. Email me so I can send you my blog address

Justiene said...

Hey I understand the procrastination myself. I am like the queen of procrastination, as long as you get it done, that is all that matters. You will run across things that touch your heart and things you don't want to touch. Memories is all we have left sometimes, so don't loose those, but get rid of the junk. Nothings worse than moving stuff just to throw it out onto the "new" curb.

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

your soooo wasting your time posting those letters... they could wait if you wanted to do it later.

Oh my gosh! your Last respite kid....
wierd huh?