Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rabbits

Okay, so those of you that talk to me on a regular basis know about my neighbor and his rabbits. For the others, I will fill you in with the short version... My neighbor, Archie, started out with 3 rabbits last summer. Over the year, as you may imagine, the rabbit population has, well, let's say, blossumed. I am not sure how many he has but it is close to 100. He is constantly giving rabbits away, selling rabbits and playing with the rabbits. He does things like walk around with bunnies in his shirt. I will be standing in the kitchen washing dishes and he will walk up and put a bunny in the window! He put up this big white tent right next to our sidewalk that he calls "the rabbit tent". He has cages, junk & an old car in the tent. If you don't know...we live in the city. The lots are small and the houses are close. The rabbits smell.
So, the reason for the rabbit story...today the rabbit tent was raided. The Akron Humane Society came and took the bunnies. They had badges, uniforms, cages and cameras. It was crazy. When Archie came home I tried to explain to him what had happened. I don't think he understands. He thinks if he cleans the cages he will get them back. Kinda crazy. If I can figure out how to add pics I will attach some I have taken of the bunnies and rabbit tent.
That's it for today. I am off to pack......

5 comments:

toys r us kid(s) said...

Hi. WHO SRE YOU?? Just kidding. I forwarded your blog to my mom. I think it is a really cool idea and I thought she'd like it too. So JD won huh?? We knew he would.

delilah said...

Who are you...is the question. Hmmm. I really don't know. I think the toys r us kids name is throwing me off. I did spend a HUGE amount of my life straightening isles in that store. And who is JD? Jude minus vowels? Jimmy Dean? John Denver? Jake Daddy? Just let me know. I hate mystries. That is why I always peek at Christmas gifts.

delilah said...

Okay...I woke up this AM and realized you were talking about Rock Star INXS. Silly me.

cac said...

Silly rabbit,, speaking of rabbits how is your neighbor. It looked like he was taking it pretty hard.

cac said...

something is wrong with your time. I'm posting at around 2pm not 10am???