Sunday, September 25, 2005

Who Am I To Complain?

# of boxes packed today= 5 (but I am planning to do more before bed)
# of Courtney Love/ Hole CD's I own=5
# of meals I've eaten today= 1
# of blogs I now have= 2

This morning this group of singers, called Missions, from World Help came and sang for our church. They go all over the world and help all sorts of people. This one man, forgive me for forgetting his name, talked about going on a trip to India and how he felt after seeing the way other people live and how it made him want to live and be more content. I watched the picture of the people and I listened to his words. I felt so selfish. Then I starting thinking about all sorts of things like my friend, who will remain nameless. She was telling me a story about how she wrote a check and it bounced and it basically snowballed into this huge thing ordeal that is going to cost her a lot of money. She is now about $100+ in the hole. She had enough cash on her to buy some feminine products and she took her last $4 she had and donated it to the Katrina Hurricane Fund. Even when she was down she was thinking about other people. Who am I to complain about any of my circumstances? We all live like kings compared to most of the people in this world. And we complain because we have to pay $3 a gallon for gas (yes, I complain too). Another friend told me about going to Punta Canta? (I think that is the name of the place) and she said the people that live in the country (i.e. out of the city) don't even have gas stations there. Some of the people with vehicles go into town and get gas, in whatever type of container they have and take it home to sell it to the others. Kinda like a makeshift "gas station". Only the gas is in milk jugs and stuff like that! Once, again Who am I to complain?

Anyways, in the middle of church, I started crying. Shocker right? I don't cry very often. I have always been "a strong woman". I don't think Jake knew how to take it. I just felt overwhelming pathetic for ever thinking about myself with all the CRAP that goes on in the world. I have always lived a cushy life. The only problems I have ever had are ones I created myself.

Everyone who knows me does know that I have always been one to stick up for the injustices of the world. People used to tell me "You know Delilah you can't save the world". I always said "That's what you think!" Somewhere over the years I've lost that spark. Maybe some of that came alive in me again today.

Either way, I love this blog stuff if you couldn't tell. I started another blog and it is much different. I was cleaning out my stuff...to pack and came across a huge box of old letters from the last 20 years. I have no idea why I have been keeping them all. I thought it would be fun to post a new one each day. Some are from old friends, boyfriends, guys who wished they were my boyfriend, my mom, etc... I have some good ones. I have always led an interesting life. Read them and you will believe me! The first one is from this boy I used to think was "the one". Ha. Thank God for unanswered prayers! Goodnight.

3 comments:

cac said...

God was pretty busy humbling the masses today.. Sometimes we just need to see a little of how it could be good or bad, to appreciate how it is in our world. Our God is an awesome God...

delilah said...

I know...I read your blog after I typed mine and I thought the same thing. Coincidence??? I doubt it.

cac said...

my blog address changed it's not public so I'll email it to you.