I have know some very interesting people in my life. Here are a few that you might know!
1. Steve Byrne - He inspired this post. I saw an ad for this Comedy Central Special and his picture was on it. I had heard the name before but didn't realize it was the Steve that I once knew. Crazy. I worked with him at East Side Mario's - in fact, I trained him. He lived close by and we hung out a couple of times. He probably doesn't remember me. At least I hope he doesn't - I'd hate to end up as one of his "jokes".
2. Chad Szeliga - He is the drummer for Breaking Benjamin. He is super duper famous. He used to be a pretty good friend. I haven't talked to him since I lived in Peninsula. He came down to one of our HUGE parties we used to have. He also came to Kent to visit. I was going to post some pics of him but seriously - he was a twirpy little kid back then and none of the pics are very flattering. He was in a band called Israphel's Revenge (then later known as Sworn II Silence) back in the day. I was a groupy. Sad, I know.
3. Matt McDermott - He was an old friend. Let me tell you...if he ever hits it big - the goofy pictures I have of him are unlimited. We ran into his sister while Christmas shopping and she said he is still in L.A. doing his thing. I actually dated him for a little while but we ended up being friends for years after - dating never really worked for us....too weird. He did date a bunch of my friends - maybe even my sister??? I can't recall. The last time I saw him in person was the same weekend I went on my first date with Jake.
4. Phil Kester - He is a jazz drummer. I don't know how famous he is but I've heard he is "known". He and I took a death and dying class together. It was an odd class and I ended up being friends with several people from that class for years. Hey, rumor has it #1 and Phil dated the same girl in college (at different times).
5. Nate Torrence - Okay, I never met him but Jake knows him and sometimes they still email. He was invited to our wedding but didn't come. I have been to his brother's house....oh and his mom's.
6. Amanda - I have her linked on my page (if any of you have ever noticed). She probably wouldn't think she is famous but she is an artist in the Chicago area. We also met in death and dying class and ended up renting the Peninsula house (with Tiffany) for a couple of years. I always wanted to be as cool as her. She is very cool.
7. Jen F. - My loyal readers know her but you may not know she is a famous writer. She writes for a veterinary magazine. She just won some big awards...Congrats Jen!
8. Stephanie - She is the author of Stop the Ride. She is my sister-in-law. She's famous, right?
9. Kip Winger - The lead singer of Winger. I went to Borders one time and he was doing a little solo, acoustic thing. I bought him a bran muffin. I think I told you that before (but I am starting to run out of famous people). I did get several pictures with him but I look just AWFUL so you don't get to see them.
10. Duane - Is he famous? I don't know. Are you sensing a musician theme? LOL. Well he used to be a good friend for a long time. He was in the band with Szeliga. The last time I saw him was at my wedding. We chat every now and then.
11. Goodnight Wednesday - They are going to be famous.
12. Drew Carey - Okay, I never knew him but I was in the same bar as him once. Seriously stretching here.
13. This post has taken sooooo long and I can't think of anyone else. Sorry to rip you off. LOL.