Sunday, July 27, 2008

Emotions....

Some of you may have already heard but a sweet friend of mine, Mandy, passed away on Friday morning. Over the last few years I have asked many of you to pray for her battle with cancer. Now I am going to ask you for pray for her husband, Jon and her sister, Sherry and the rest of her family. She was only 28 and such a sweet, sweet girl. Below is a photo taken of Mandy almost one year ago to the day. She is holding Avery.
Her funeral is tomorrow and the burial on Tuesday. It is going to be difficult. I don't even know what else to say about it.

I don't really have much more to say. I have some other pictures for you. Three are of Avery in honor of her birthday and the others are from our flower beds. They need a lot of work but they have HUGE potential.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to cry when I see that picture. I didn't know Mandy very well, but I haven't stopped thinking about her all weekend. Makes my problems seem so trivial.

I'm also sorry to have missed Avery's big day. She looks like such a big kid now. It's amazing. She's beautiful Delilah!

Anonymous said...

May this poem bring you solace as it has to me in times of loss. God be with you and her family.


Remembered Joy

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...


I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.


A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.


Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

Nessa said...

So sorry about your friend. Her family and you are definitely in my prayers.

カナリ said...

Nice to meet you:D
Oops!
What a lovely meal scenery it is!

I wish to express gratitude,
for your so cute baby!