Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight Savings Time, Spring & Life

My kids woke up at 6:30 A.M. this morning. To me, that felt like 5:30 A.M. Why didn't they sleep in until 7 or 8???? Isn't that what Daylight Savings Time is for...parents to have an hour or two to blog in the morning, without the kids asking for this or that???? Not at the Miller household. We had a really good week-end. Jake's parents came to visit. It was the first time they were able to stay for more than an hour or two since we moved here in June! Overall, we just relaxed. That was nice. The weather has really warmed up (to the 40's & 50's) and the sun is FINALLY shining here in Northeast Ohio. Friday I got out of the house for a little trip to the Super Walmart. It was nice to get out...but Walmart was just ok. When Jake got home we took a little walk. It was great to get some fresh air. I had spent the rest of the day cleaning. Saturday I cooked all day. Well, not really but since I have been avoiding the kitchen lately it was nice to cook and not feel sick over it. I actually made three meals and a carrot cake! We also did a little shopping and took a stroll around the neighborhood. We weren't out that long but we all got a little sun (pink cheeks). I thought that was interesting. Sunday we went to church, which is always good. The sermon was about marriage (and the stress of it all). For those of you that aren't married you may not want to continue reading for fear I may destroy the fairy tale you have been told about marriage. For the rest of you, who are married, you already know, although marriage is great in so many ways....it is also difficult and not always the bed of roses you may have expected. So...the sermon was about all that, in a way. It was good. The Pastor showed this video at the end of the service (Luggage by Rob Bell). It was about the luggage we carry with us in life and how it effects different relationships. It was pretty intense. At the end the message was basically, you never know when you are going to be living your last moment....so take care of the luggage now. Live free - right? It was so good. Thought provoking. Then, last night, we got a phone call. For those of you that keep up with the other blogs listed on my blog...you know Jacki. Well, I guess yesterday her dad was at church and after the service he passed out. There was a paramedic there who immediately started CPR but unfortunately he didn't make it. I heard it was a heart attack. He was only 51. It was totally unexpected. Wow...what an intense day. It is horribly sad for the family. Please say a prayer for them.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's Dad. Very sorry. I just happened on your blog, and thought I would reply. My name is Brian. I live in Tennessee. I am a minister. It is always nice to hear that people are still affected by sermons these days.