Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's Done...Kinda

Well, I am done packing. If you look at the time of this post you will see it is either extremely early or very late. For me, being in my 30's, it is incredibly late. I am a zombie right now.

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday because life was insane. We found a home for our Cockapoo, Monet. I posted him on freecycle and I had a pretty big response. I sent out pics and that cut the options down considerably. But I still had about 10 people. We pick a family that has a big yard and 2 other dogs. They seemed like they were going to love him very much. Before the woman (Mary) got to our house I started getting all teary. Jake made fun of me and even took pictures. He is really getting a kick out of "weepy delilah". Then Mary came over and brought her little boy, Nicholas. He and Jude played together and ran all over the place. It was nice. Then it came time to go. Nicholas came in and was saying Monet was his new dog and he went over and started hugging him. I lost it. Right there in front of strangers, my husband, Jude and Paul Miller (my father-in-law) I started crying. The thing is, I didn't even like the dog. Although I asked Jake about 100 times if he was sure about giving the dog away, it really was my idea. I hated taking care of the dog. I hated that I had to remember to feed him. I hated his smell. I hated that when people came over I had to worry if they liked dogs or not. But, I will admit..I do miss him. Jude asked about him a couple of times and I feel so mean that I took his dog away from him. I think Monet will be better off because just since Jake took a new job we haven't been as involved with him. He was completely off schedule. We hadn't had time to take him on a walk in so long. Anyhow, Mary emailed today and it was very nice to hear that Monet is okay and did well his first night. Of course, I started crying when I read the letter so I didn't take the time to write her back. Either way, our dog is gone. I am taking it much harder than I thought I would. But don't tell Jake. He already thinks I am getting soft.

Other than the dog issues I have been having...we are making the big move tommorow. This is a big deal for us. As long as Jake and I have known each other we have worked for Shelter Care. We have been houseparents for most (all but 6 mths) of our marriage. It is crazy to think about. Today was our last official day of employment with Shelter Care. It was very anticlimatic. No one said good-bye, although Roberta has promised to take us out to dinner next week. She has been a good boss. Either way, I guess I don't even have to think about SC anymore or any of the feelings I have about them or our departure. Hopefully our next chaper will be as good of a ride.

Goodnight??

1 comment:

cac said...

you are such a brown noser!!!!!! we love you anyway...