Saturday, October 29, 2005

Trick or Treat

Tonight was Trick or Treat for Jude. We went over our friends house and took all the kids (4 with us, 3 running around by themselves and one in the oven!) trick or treating. It wasn't that bad but I don't think I can actually say it was FUN. Jude dressed up like Woody from Toy Story, because that is his latest obsession. He watches that movie twice a day! I just put a cat hat on Elise and she didn't beg since she is way too young for candy! We had pizza and hot cider afterwords. Jude decided Bill's name is Mr. Clean???? I am not really sure why, but on our way home I said something about Bill and Jude was all upset and demanded I call him Mr. Clean. I think it is really funny. We saw several people we know while out and about. That was kinda cool.

Basically the whole thing reminded me of Cody. Five halloween's ago I dressed up like a sailor (thanks Brynn for the old uniform) and headed out with my little werewolf. We walked for a solid two hours. By the time we were done he had a huge bag of candy. It was sooooo cold that day. Cody is eleven now! I can't believe how fast time has gone. Most of you probably already know that I haven't seen Cody in a long time. His dad couldn't handle married delilah being a part of Cody's life. What can I do?????? Nothing.

So, tommorow I learn how to deal with the difficult people in my life (next in the line of sermons). I will let you know what I learn. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Justiene said...

I think I learned a lot from the pastor at church today as well, because like you I am going through some tough times with some not so easy to handle people myself. I get so frustrated so easy, I dont stop to think about how to deal with the situation let alone the people who are causing the stress. I know a few things that will help me out, like having people there to talk to and share my life experiences and problems and happy times with (trust me you don't miss those types of people until you dont' have them). I hope that through the weeks and months to come we become close friends, because well I just don't have anyone else but ted and you see how that is going.