Monday, October 03, 2005

We're Here...

I don't have time to write much tonight but I felt I owed it to "my public" (can you see my head getting bigger with each key stroke???) to write a few lines. I am starting my new/old job tommorow and I should have been in bed hours ago. I know Jake will be home during the day with the kids so I tried to dig out some food & plates for him! The move went well. It was a lot of stuff. I have decided I need to seriously downsize. I have been giving stuff away like crazy but now I am going to make some drastic dents in the amount of stuff we own. So if any of you need anything let me know...I may be willing to part with it. I guess part of my problem is that I have a vision for my stuff, just no time to get it all done. Can I have a few extra hours please?

Either way I will tell you a quick story. My hubby, Jake, had a bad day today. I feel pretty bad to him. Starting off the day, he was tired and sore from the move. We went to church and out to eat (I hadn't found all the stuff so we can eat at home). On the way home he wrecked the car. He is okay, his shoulder hurts from the seat belt. He is bummed out. Just more money out the door. We will know more about the car tommorow. The headlights point up to the sky now so we won't be driving it anymore. Well, if that wasn't bad enough, while unpacking some boxes he dropped my iPAC and broke the screen (several big cracks). I'm not sure why Jake and I don't just cash our checks when we get them and drive down the road with our windows down and throw the money out the windows because that would be much more fun than buying stuff that ends up broken (iPAC, car, etc), given away (Monet, craft stuff, mini fridges, etc.) or just not used at all (video camera, xbox, cds and lots more). Wasted money. Either way, the car and the iPAC are just material things that can be replaced. At least we have each other and two extremely cute kids.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

Rob Murray said...

I'm sorry to hear about the bad news. I hope things get much better very soon and I apologize for not being there Saturday morning for the move. I wanted to help but realized at the last minute that it wasn't very possible since I had to be at work at noon...

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

ok so even if we are a state away it really the same in the Miller fam. Let's try to get all the cars down so we have nothing. Tell me what happened or call me. I think I will call jake soon.( I'll let him get up out of bed first.) Getting the big head about the blog already.....call me if you need anything. really.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the bad luck! I hope you guys are all ok! How is Jude and Elise adjusting to the new environment? Call me soon with the new address and phone number!