Sunday, October 09, 2005

Threes...

They say bad things happen in threes, right? Well, I hope it is true. We have now had a total of THREE major bad things happen. That means this stuff will stop, right?

1. Jake rear ended a jeep cherokee and may have totalled the car. We are still waiting to hear.
2. The freezer died and the meat smelled like someone died. We paid $ to have it taken away.
3. Jake ran into the garage door (and the the garage "doorway"). We were actually leaving on time for church. I walked out the door and Jake was moving the van so we didn't have to walk in the mud to get in. I stood there with my jaw on the ground as I watched him pull forward into the garage instead backing up. Should I cry or fall on the floor laughing. It really happened. I was like 'What is he doing? He's lost his mind.' and then....boom. He stopped when he hit the door. I was half suprised he did stop to be honest. I don't think there is any structural damage...just dents. Listen people...this is the Miller way. I'm telling you.

Well, I start my first week of teaching next week. Hopefully all goes smoothly. We have to take the kids to the babysitters because Jake was called in to work during the day the entire week. I think his boss is mad at him but hopefully the UNION will tell them they have to pick a shift for him and stick to it. I want Jake and I to work the same shift but if we do, we will have no money unless...Jake works a second job or I get a full time job. All options are no fun. Say a prayer. Thank you.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

unions suck. I'm Sorry. We might have electricity today.. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Anonymous said...

Child Guidance is still looking at resumes. 40 hrs 27,500.. Pay even if clients cancel, benefits, flex time... Its the intensive treatment section across from scheubels (spelling) bakery... Maybe send your resume...

Anonymous said...

Oh, no!! I hope the run of bad luck is over!! But I must say...Maybe Jake should take a break from driving for a little while.hahaha!! And as far as the job thing goes, it will work out for you guys! Maybe something better is on the way. Have faith.