Monday, December 11, 2006

Out of Hibernation....(for now)

I don't remember being this tired for the last two pregnancies. Seriously, I slept half the day yesterday and went back to sleep around 9 P.M. I am normally a 6-7 hours of sleep kind of girl so this really stinks for me. I have a lot of stuff to get done. Hopefully I am all caught up on sleep now. I have Christmas presents to work on and I haven't wrapped a single thing yet. I am making a few things this year. Not like last year, where I made most everything. To be honest, I don't think it was that much cheaper so...I went back to buying what I can and making what I can...balance is always the answer.

Other than sleeping too much the week-end was good. I went to this ladies thing at the new church. I guess they get together once a month and do some crafty thing and have a speaker. It was fun. We made one of those layered cookie jar gift things. There was a ton of food there....which I didn't expect. I had eaten a piece of pizza for breakfast that wasn't sitting too well with me so I only ate some grapes. The speaker was great. She talked about the Proverbs 31 woman...seems like everyone is talking about that lady these days....and how she handled her money. It was very good. It was nice to be with a group of Christian women for 2 1/2 hours and not hear one person gossiping about another person or talking about someone else's problems. Often times those women's events turn into things like that...gripe sessions about their husbands or gossip fests about the women that aren't there. I guess that is where the old term "knitting circle" comes from...women get together to knit but chat it up while knitting...whew more gossip than the National Enquirer. Oh...I could go on & on about this gossip stuff. It is something I have struggled with for...well, my whole life, I guess. So, anyways, I'm happy that it doesn't appear these women are like that...it'll help keep me on the straight and narrow. ha ha ha.

Remember a few months ago I started telling you what I was making for dinner because I wasn't going to go to the grocery store? Well, I really slacked on that didn't I? I wanted to give you an update. My "experiment" went well. I did use every last thing in my freezer before I went to buy any more meat. I did however go to the grocery store several times to get stuff to go with the food I already had. I used up a lot of stuff. My cupboards were starting to look bare. It was nice. I think I am saving money on groceries. We keep track of our spending but we have been traveling a lot lately so we will have to average things out over a few months. I did do most of my shopping at Aldi's last month and Jake got the deer so that helped a lot. Jake only gets paid once a month (uhg). You'd think I'd be used to it by now but I am not because I was getting a check on his off week so it was like we were getting paid every other week. Unfortunately, I won't be getting a pay check anymore. I did get a very small one this month. I have no idea where the money went (so quickly I might add). I've already made up my grocery list & menu for the next month. I am going to get almost everything at Aldi's. There are a few things I may have to get at a bigger store (sweet potatoes). And I am planning on having my sisters family over for a big pot of seafood stew (yummy) so that will skew the stats a little but I am trying to keep the budget tight. If I remember I will try to let you know what we are eating every now and then. Tonight we are having deer steaks, baked potatoes & glazed carrots. Other things on the menu this week include: Navy beans & ham w. cornbread, Chicken Delish & rice, pumpkin pancakes (they are soooo good) and I don't remember what else because the menu is upstairs. How much do you estimate you spend on groceries each month?

Okay, have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the card and picture today and they are awesome! Thank you!!!! Jude and Elise are growning up so fast, it won't be long until Jude will be in school. Don't forget June 1 is baby date....
Aunt D.