This Friday, I am having a dinner party of sorts....well, I don't even know if I'd call it that...I am having a few friends & family over. I want to have people over for dinner more often but I am just not that good at planning. I might add it to my new years resolution list. For now, I am "setting up" my imaginary dinner party and inviting guests (dead or alive) to come on over and enjoy something yummy to eat. I borrowed this idea from another Thursday Thirteener...sorry I don't remember who but Thank You!
Thirteen Dinner Guests (Yes, all at the same time....)
1. Tori Amos - She could play a little pre dinner music on the baby grand piano I would have tucked in a random corner of my large dining room (to accommodate all the guests). I've always been a Tori fan and I think she would be a lot of fun.
2. Natalie Grant - Yes another musician...I don't think I will only invite music people don't worry. I saw Natalie in concert twice this year and I think she is just so sweet and real. She could sing a song or two as well.
3. Slyvia Plath - As depressing as she might be, I think she would be a very interesting addition to the dinner party. I think she & Tori would probably get along really well.
4. Judy Blume - When I was a kid I LOVED her books. I read everything she wrote...even Forever, which was not a kid book at all. I still remember the stud in the book was named Michael Wagner. Judy is a creative writer & was a part of my pre-teen years. I'd love to have her over.
5. Hmmmm...only women so far. I better invite a guy. Matthew McConaughey. He is very good looking and down to earth. I heard he doesn't use deodorant and really walks to the beat of his own drummer. He would be nice to look at and quite entertaining as well. Don't you think he would be quite the charmer? I think he'd be complimenting all the ladies and flirting just enough to boost everyone's egos. Do you think it would be rude if I asked him to come shirtless? ha ha.
6. Lebron James - I don't really care anything about sports and I am not really a Lebron fan (not that I am anti-Lebron) but I would invite him for my friend who is a huge fan. So, that is my generous invite...not for me but for my friend.
7. Abbie Hoffman - Political Activist. I think he would be sooo interesting. Oh and the controversy....I love it!
8. Jesus Christ, of course, a given...a radical himself. I love the wave makers.
9. The Wiggles - Weird, I know. But I really like these guys. Wouldn't you like to know what they are like in real life?
10. The last 4 Presidents. Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan. And their spouses. Just to sit back and watch them interact with each other and with all the crazies at this party....waahoooo. That would be fun.
11. Rachael Ray & Martha Stewart. They would have to balance each other out. Plus, my mom said that she "heard" Martha can't stand Rachael because she isn't a trained chef. I am not sure how or why my mom knows that but she does and now you do. Although...I don't know if it is true.
12. Johnny Depp. I've been a fan since 21 Jump Street. I had a poster of him on my wall when I was 15. It is about time we finally met in person.
13. Paula, Simon, Randy & Ryan. C'mon...you know them. If they aren't all available I would definitely choose Simon first, Ryan second. I think they could really add to the atmosphere.
And I would invite all of you.
If I don't see you until next week, Have a Merry Christmas.
For more Thursday Thirteen go HERE.