Sunday, December 31, 2006

Where has the time gone???

Well, I thought I would take a moment to post one last post before we say good-bye to 2006. It has been one crazy year. Of course, isn't life one crazy year after another. To send the year off properly I am going to re-cap (in my delilah sort of way) our 2006. Here are some of the things that happened...

  • We helped Justiene move away from the Evil Ted. She is doing okay now. She still has her issues with him because of the kids (his kids she was raising, remember). She has had a little streak of bad luck lately so everyone say a prayer for her and send good luck her way.
  • Jake changed jobs. He didn't want to be a custodian anymore. Too much DRAMA. Seriously, those custodians are always fighting with each other. Well, the hours were horrible anyhow... He got a new job thanks to a friend. He loves it and loves his boss.
  • I retired from teaching abstinence to take on a new career, selling insurance. I have since "retired" from selling insurance. I was actually laid off from my job but when I signed up for unemployment he decided to fire me. He still hasn't given me any kind of official notice that my employment has been terminated (except through the unemployment office). I've only ever been "fired" from a job once in my life and that was for not showing up or calling off, back in college. My boss told my husband "because we are friends, I thought she would understand...." Where do I find these people? I have been HORRIBLY upset and distraught over the situation. And it keeps getting worse. Now my boss's brother is telling people the business will go under if he has to pay my unemployment (he is responsible for 6%) and I only talked on the phone when I was there. It infuriates me. I was NEVER reprimanded even ONE TIME for not performing my job duties. In fact I did more than I was hired to do.......I could go on and on.
  • We left the church we had been attending for 4 years. We tried to leave gracefully....but people's feeling get hurt and yada yada. I am not sure what we could have done differently. We have found a new church that we feel is our home for the time being. There are a handful of people from the old church that we still talk to and love very much. There are some others who will probably never talk to us again. Once again, I am sad but slowly getting over it.
  • We moved in June to the Pink house. We are comfortable and like living there. We will probably stay until 2008, when we can buy our dream house in Peninsula (subject to change).
  • We did some traveling in 2006. We went to West Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina (the Outer Banks).
  • After our Outer Banks trip, Jake and I hit a little bump in the marriage path. No we weren't getting a divorce or anything. It was just one of those fights you don't get over in one night - every marriage has them. Some marriages end...some endure. I guess ours will endure because before I was completely over it...I found out I was pregnant. Not the best news when you are angry but it puts things in perspective. We have two beautiful children already and we'll be adding to the mix. We were both happy about it (Jake was initially happier than I was....jumping around the house like a crazy man). I am scared. How will I handle three????? Yikes. We had been talking about getting pregnant but I had been stalling... I guess it all happens in God's timing- which isn't always when I want things to happen. In the end, no problem is bigger than our marriage and the commitment we made to each other. Jake is a good man and I love him in spite of his flaws and he loves me even though I don't have any and it makes him look bad. ha ha ha haha. Well, you all know I am joking about that part. Pregnancy is taking it's toll on me though. I have been puking my guts out and sleeping like a champ. I have to snap out of this soon....it is awful. Anyone who knows me knows that I like to multitask and I don't sleep that much, normally - so this is out of character for me.
  • Oh, and don't forget that Jake was sick back in the Spring and was in the hospital forever. That was nuts.
So, that is a slice of the Miller's past year. I know there will undoubtedly be someone who complains about "too much" personal stuff. I just want to be real.

Please have a fabulous New Year. We will be traveling tomorrow and I may write some when I get home. I want to make some "resolutions" for the new year. I don't usually do that but what the heck, right?

1 comment:

amyd76 said...

Congrats on making it through another year. Life is definitely one crazy year after another. I hope you start feeling better soon. I know how you like to be on the move. Oh, yes, waaayyy too much personal information. I wish you'd stop doing that...I'm just kidding. It wouldn't be "you" without it. I love your blog and read it faithfully! Have a Happy New Year! amy