Today is our 5th Anniversary. In one way I can't believe it has been 5 years and the other...I can't remember what life was like without him. So, here is a list of 13 things you might not know about my husband (Jake).
1. He is 4 years younger than me. Is he ever going to be 30???? Once we were talking about dating age differences. I told him when I was 27 I dated a 23 year old. He sounded shocked and said who? Ha ha ha. It was him. Silly.
2. He did an internship as a Youth Pastor and also has worked in youth ministry for 10 years or so. He is quiet but when he is with the kids he opens up.
3. He used to go backpacking every year. I don't know where all he has been but I know he has hiked in Alaska, Colorado & Canada. Before we had actually went out but after I decided I would date him (long story) he went to Alaska. I didn't have to wonder how it was going because I watched it all on the news. Someday he will tell you about this trip. I've been waiting.....
4. He writes with his right hand but bats with his left hand. He also bowls with his left hand.
5. He has a very BIG tattoo on his arm of a cross.
6. He owns a guitar but I think he can only play one song...at least that is all I've ever heard him play. It is a nice song though.
7. He likes to sleep in the middle of the bed.
8. He does the dishes most of the time.
9. Once I laid a roast out to thaw. He saw it and wanted to be nice and prepare dinner for me. When I got home from work I found him grilling the roast on an electric grill we got as a wedding gift. Ha ha ha. I never let him forget it. It was very tough to chew.
10. One of his favorite bands is the Flaming Lips.
11. We met at work. He asked me out but had also been hanging out with this other girl from work. He actually asked me to go to an Indians game with him after she had turned him down. I did not know about this until we were already married. If I had known before I would have dumped him so fast - I was very FICKLE and I would have NEVER been okay with being his second choice...although he says they were just "friends". By the way....I had hired that girl as a volunteer and she almost stole my man away (oh wait... I think I stole him away). Can you believe my quiet husband was a player???
12. When we were dating he would write me letters and leave them on my desk every day.
13. Last year he bought me a poster sized picture of myself with the kids, in the woods, with a baseball hat on, no make up and a double chin. He picked it out because he thought I looked beautiful. It is hanging at the bottom of our stairs.
Happy Anniversary Jake! I love you.
If you want to read last year's post about the wedding...I highly recommend it. Go HERE.
For more Thursday Thirteen's go HERE.