Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Card Conundrum

I know this lady. We talk. I think you might even say we are friends. She sent a couple of other people I know a Christmas card. She didn't send me one. Hmmmmmmm. What do I do???

a. Call her up and ask her why I didn't get a Christmas Card.
b. Pretend like it didn't happen.
c. Politely inform her my card must have been lost by the postal service.
d. Ignore her from now on.

I know I can't say anything. That would be dumb. And I know this isn't a big deal but it really does bother me. If you know me, you know I do not take ANYTHING for face value. I have studied human behavior long enough to know there HAS to be an explaination. Here are my ideas.

a. She is mad at me for something and this is passive aggressive behavior.
b. She is jealous of my cool blog.
c. She doesn't have my new address and thought she would just give me a card when she sees me the next time.
d. She ran out of cards and decided I wasn't important enough for a card.

Well, I doubt it is about the blog because she doesn't even read it. If it was the address thing...we have our mail forwarded. I am pretty sure I won't be seeing her before Christmas. Hmmmm.

Either way, I am annoyed.

By the way...just a little update on the Christmas gift Stats.
# of Gifts completed - 9
# of Gifts waiting to be completed - 11
# of Christmas cards mailed - 70
Bedtime Last Night (I was working on Christmas gifts) - 1:30 A.M.

Have a good day.

7 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

gosh I got your x mas card and I don;t think we are going to get to sending ours out at all....

Anonymous said...

You're reading too much into it. You should send her a Christmas card, and maybe she'll get the hint. If she doesn't, it's not worth getting upset over.

delilah said...

Okay, just a follow-up. I wouldn't mind if she just wasn't sending cards out...it is the fact that she did send one to others and decided not to send one to me! Does that make sense? And I did send her a Christmas card like I always would. I send cards each year to people who never send cards to my family and I am okay with that. I don't send them out just to get a card in return.

Justiene said...

I will post on my blog site within a day or two so keep watching, because I am sure it will be interesting. Also I had a lot of fun last night and hope you and jake aren't mad cuz I was there so late...sometimes I just want to stay away for a little while.

toys r us kid(s) said...

I agree with no-name. Send her a card. Either she will;
A. Get the hint and send you one
B. Get the hint and STILL not send you one
C. Call to thank you and ask if you got hers
D.Be happy that you had enough goodwill to think of her, whether or not she reciprocated
By the way-thank you for the card, yours is on its way...promise

Anonymous said...

Maybe she is a scatter brain and does not know who she sent cards to. Maybe your friends were just lucky. Maybe she has a lot on her mind...I think you should love her scatter brain and all. If you like we can send you a copy of her card. Anyway...don't take it too hard.

delilah said...

Yes, Balloonman, I would like a copy of the card. And...I didn't say I didn't love her. Annoyed was the word I used. Oh, I was correct thinking it was something else...I just don't know what yet. But I will.......