Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Week at a Glance...

Can you believe it has been a week already? It really flew by. I have been working diligently on my Christmas gifts. I am really enjoying it. If you don't know, I am a creator. I am having fun with this. I got the Christmas cards done last Thursday but I haven't put them in the mail yet! I just need to go to the post office! I am going to attempt to stop by today. I hope they aren't out of Christmas stamps. I didn't really work on much this week-end. We were busy as always. We went to Heather's on Saturday and took the kids to get their pictures taken. We went to Sears and it took FOREVER! The kids were perfect while waiting. They watched the entire Finding Nemo movie. By time they got in to have the pics taken no one was in the mood to smile. Jude's cheeks were very red because it was so hot in the waiting area. We weren't thrilled with them. I ran into a girl from High School. I don't think we were going to talk to each other but our kids started playing together so we didn't have a choice. It is not that I have something against the girl but I just didn't have any interest in talking. It was a little uncomfortable. The truth is, we talked more on Saturday than we did throughout all of our High School career. In elementary school we were kinda friends. She came over once and we went "snake hunting" in the woods behind my house. I don't have a clue what we were going to do if we found a snake. I am just thankful I never found out. The snake hunting was her idea. I think I was in fourth or fifth grade. Either way, our conversation, on Saturday was brief. We talked about who we still talked to from Vermilion. She talked to her old "gang". To be honest, I don't talk to many people from High School and this is why...In H.S. I talked to everyone. I was friends with all the different groups. My mom said if there was a wierdo anywhere around I attracted them but I was on the May Day court (kinda like the homecoming court). So, I was friendly and talked to a lot of people but I really only had one friend, Stephanie. I did get to know Kirstina my senior year. The reason I never really developed closer friends is because I had a boyfriend. An older boyfriend. A much older boyfriend. I was 15 and he was 19. I lied to my mom about his age at first. She liked him. My dad referred to him as "that a**hole". Well, I ended up dating that guy my sophomore, junior and most of my senior year. He always lied to me and cheated on me. He slept with several other girls during our relationship. He smoked. And he drank. I didn't do any of those things. I don't even know why I dated him but that fact is, I did and he consumed all my time and energy. I broke up with him because he was trying to get me to lie to my mom (who has a built in lie detector) and tell her I was staying the night with someone and then stay with him. I kept telling him no but he insisted. So I dumped him. He tried to get me back for years. In fact I have some letters to post on my deardelilah.blogspot.com blog sometime. They are very personal so I haven't got up the nerve yet but I think I will. So, back to the whole H.S. thing...during those years I seriously didn't have any confidence. I thought I was fat and ugly. I was dumb. I weighed 128. I often wonder how other people saw me then. About 6 years ago I dated this other guy from Vermilion and I ran into a lot of people from the past. One guy told me I was his first true love. HE HAD NEVER EVEN ASKED ME OUT! Isn't that funny. I went to my class reunion and the next week received a dozen roses from an old classmate, who claimed he only came to see me. I had just started dating Jake at that time and you all know how that story ended. Jake and I married four months later. About a month after we were married this guy from Vermilion called me to ask me out....Ha ha ha. Isn't that funny. Anyways...I wasn't planning on going down memory lane with this blog but that is the beauty of typing while the thoughts are flowing.

By the way, to update you on the Christmas gifts...I have finished 2 scarves, a cookbook and am almost done with Jude's robe. I have a lot to do. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blogs...you remind me so much of myself!!! (Wonder why)??? Oops! your name just came up on my screen...eerie!! Okay, back to your blogs: The only fault I have with it is I wish you had more time to write, I look several times a day to see if you have updated. Please post more letters, they are so interesting..
Love you,
Aunt Debbie

Justiene said...

speaking of cookbooks did you ever get one from that cookie night? I never did. And yeah I know what you mean about memory lane, a friend of mine from highschool just called me last night and we talked for awhile too. As I move on with my life I almost feel as if I am losing that part of myself because I have nothing left to remind me of it.

toys r us kid(s) said...

I agree w/ Aunt Debbie!! I love reading your blogs because I find out things about you that I never knew! I like when you go down memory lane! May Day court? I never knew that! Keep it up, and as Aunt Debbie said, we need MORE POSTS!