Sunday, December 25, 2005

Ken for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone. You know it is a National Holiday so you don't have to be a Christian to celebrate Christmas, although that is the original intent. Christmas is for all Americans. Anti-Christmas is Anti-American.

Either way, it is Christmas and I probably shouldn't be blogging...this is going to be short.

My mom got Jude a Ken doll for Christmas. When Indy plays with her Barbies, Jude likes to play. My mom wanted him to have a "guy" doll so she got him a Surfing Ken Doll. He has real hair and sunglasses. He is also equiped with a beach bum type necklace. Jake hates it. He says it is a doll for girls. He wants to accidentally leave it in Tennessee. Jude also got a fireman Barbie type doll - not made by Matel or sold in the Barbie isle of the toy store. I guess it is okay. Jude likes them both although he did say he doesn't like Ken's hair. I think it is fine. I don't think it is going to affect his "masculinity"...he is only THREE. Not a big deal. Jake isn't the macho type either (no he is not whimpy), I am just suprised.

What do you think?

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I read your blog for the first time! You got some great stuff! Keep it up!

"The old man Miller"

P.S. You have not experienced "going" outside until you've gone where you can't dig a hole!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog for the first time as well....funny! I think you should hide the Ken doll in your bag, and put it on Jake's pillow when you get home. Then take it and put it all over the house where he'll see it!! Ha!!

delilah said...

I was thinking about taking Jude to get his picture with the Ken doll.

Justiene said...

I am a sociologist and I think about this type of stuff more than anyone should think about it ever. And it will not hurt him or make him gay or anything like that. If he is playing with them anyway then what is the big deal. It will make him more caring and loving. (then maybe he won't walk away...hahaha)

Anonymous said...

Poor Jude... fortunately he is the oldest so you can pass his dresses down to Elise. Maybe next year instead of a birthday party for Jude you can have a tea party. I am just kidding. Did your mom ever hear of G I Joe with kung fu grip equipped with an M-16 w/ grenade launcher? Lose the doll before it's too late.