Monday, December 26, 2005

The Day After....

...always feels so anti-climatic. Doesn't it? I've always hated the day after Christmas because you work and prepare for this big day for a month or so...then the next day, it is over. Just like that. This year is different because we have 2 weeks more of celebrating. We are having Christmas with Heather's family on Sunday (New Year's Day) and Jake's family on January 7th. We also have New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and our Anniversary to celebrate.
I've been thinking a lot about my blog. I daydream about what I will write and how I will say it. I have found that the things I plan to write never come out the way I want to say them. The spontaneous stuff is better. I would love to say my life is an open book and nothing is off limits but that isn't the truth. Some people are easily offended or very sensative about things so I am careful in my discussions concerning them. I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I tease Jake daily, I threaten, "I am going to put that in my blog." He says he is going to write stuff in his blog as well, but never does.

So, last night Jake and I went to the movies. You know, I don't miss being single and childless but I do miss going to the movies. I used to go a couple of times a week. I would go to the movies by myself. I have watched movies where I am the ONLY person in the theater. Yes, just me and the big screen. If you go during the day it is pretty desolate. It is nice. I love all types of movies...comedy, drama, chick flicks, horror, etc... It is not the same on a television. I also like to read. I have found if I read the book first, the movie is NEVER good enough. If I watch the movie first, the book doesn't seem that much different. Last year, I went to see Cold Mountain (or two years ago). I read the book afterwords hoping for a different ending...it was the same. I cried. We don't go to the movies often for two reasons...1. It is so expensive. 2. Babysitters are expensive. We received movie tickets for Christmas last year. They are still in my purse. We have only gone to the discount theaters for the last year. Wow. I need to get out more. What are some of your favorite movies? Mine are listed on my "profile" but I am going to list a few here (no particular order).
  • Notting Hill
  • The Never Ending Story
  • Bridget Jone's Diary
  • Pretty Woman
  • Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • Love Actually
  • The Program
  • Fight Club
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Where the Heart Is
  • The Christmas Story
  • Sixth Sense
Don't forget to tell me yours. Not enough people comment on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wedding Crashers
The Sweetest Thing
Anchorman
My Best Friend's Wedding
Goodfellas
Kissing Jessica Stein
The Brady Bunch movies
Along Came Polly

delilah said...

Well, I had more visitors than ever today and only 2 people responded. Phooey. Thanks to those who participated. And Kelly, we are waiting to hear any baby news. You are going for the 2005 tax break, right?

Justiene said...

Mine are on my blog page as well but I will give a few:
The Recruit
The little mermaid
Swat
Dazed and Confused (for the cars)
I am going to try that counter thingy too, probablly going to be disappointed though...:)