Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Wrap

That was the name of the sermon from church yesterday. The pastor basically talked about getting "wrapped up" in things during the Christmas season. I am sure everyone is guilty of that. This year has been really nice. Last year I went out on a search for an Aquadoodle. It was this toy that was featured on the Today Show. They tested all sorts of toys on kids and it was a hit. Jude had to have it. So, I went out on the day after Thanksgiving (DUH) to do my shopping. It was a mad house. Traffic. People. Lines. Pushing. Dirty Looks. What are people thinking? It is Christmas. So I get to Walmart and I see 2 Aquadoodles on the shelf. I was elated. Just as I went to reach for one this lady runs up and grabs both of them. Can you believe the nerve? I wanted to punch her out. I felt rage in my viens. Seriously. So I thought I should probably go home. I did and eventually I did obtain an Aquadoodle, which Jude rarely plays with. Either way, that single event led me to try to have a more meaningful Christmas (see previous posts). It has been great. I think my gifts are probably better than ever. I did buy a few things but they are well thought out and meaningful gifts. I will admit, the guys have been a little more difficult. Guys just aren't into homemade stuff. I did come up with something I think will please the men in my life. Also, when I would go shopping for stuff it didn't really involve the kids...other than actually being at the store, which usually they would stay with their dad. This year Jude is completely involved and excited about everything. He is so cute. I wish I had more time because I keep thinking of new things to make for more people. Jake's Aunt Nancy made her Christmas gifts this year as well. I can't say what it was because the Millers & Appleton's haven't got theirs yet. I was so excited. I loved it. Of course it is right up my alley...hint hint!? I know not everyone has time to make everything and homemade does not mean cheap or free. It can still be pricey, although I think I have saved a bundle. Either way, I am having fun this Christmas. We had a dinner for Milestone on Saturday at our house. It was fun. We had a White Elephant Gift exchange. Here are some of the gifts that were given.
  • Cereal Bowls complete with spoons.
  • CD & Book
  • Pooping Santa & I love dorks magnet
  • 3 boxes of Cherry Frosted PopTarts
  • Happy Friends (?) DVD
  • Popcorn, Pop & Left Behind II DVD
  • 8x10 framed picture of Ryan (one of the group) in a bikini top at a car wash
  • Hot cocoa mugs with hot chocolate mixes
  • Hand mixer

Isn't that fun? Can you guess which gift I gave? Jake? I ended up with the movie night pack & Jake ended up with the Cereal Bowls.

Tonight I am having a Birthday Party for Jesus at the church for the kids. We are having cupcakes, milk, story time, Santa and crafts. The kids get to make an ornament for themselves and then they will each make an extra one to take to the nursing home. We'll sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Doesn't it sound like fun? I think so. A lot of people are coming.

Well, have a good day. Don't forget to check out the other blogs. By the way, if you tried to leave uakrongirl a message and couldn't...she did change it so anyone can leave a message.

And...only one more day until I am able to win another prize on WNIR! You have to wait 30 days. I will keep you updated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you gave the 3 boxes of Cherry Frosted Pop Tarts and Jake gave the Hot Cocoa w/Hot Choc. Mixes.

Anonymous said...

Having a birthday party for Jesus is so sweet!! I hope your kids remember all the effort you are putting in to give them a happy childhood. Parents these days tend to prop their kids in front of the TV and let the rest come as it may. So interesting!

Justiene said...

I really appreciate that little spot you gave my blog spot on your post. I really need the advise that anyone has to give at this point because of what is on my newest blog post. The party at the millers was so much fun and I hope that we can do it again sometime. I really wish I had more time to enjoy the holiday as well but because of everything going on, I feel like I have almost lost the meaning. Sorry I didn't make it to the Birthday party, I may be selling my car though and that will be 'getting out money' or getting new car money. we'll see.