Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What Day is Today?????

Yes, I had to stop and really think about it. Tuesday, right? Well, I haven't had the time to sit down lately. When I do get a chance to check out the computer I have been checking my email, reading blogs and that is about it. Sorry.

Lets see if I can remember everything I have been doing.... Well, not last week-end but the week-end before I went to the Women of Faith conference in Cleveland. It was my second year attending. This year I was so lucky to have free tickets in a private suite. It was so nice because the suite had it's own bathroom - perfect for any pregnant woman! I also got to go to the pre-conference, which was Beth Moore. She did such a great job and I actually learned something. Maybe I will share some of it someday. Going to the conference is fun to just hang out with other women and relax a little. While I was gone, Jake and the kids went to West Virginia and Jake helped build a deck. They left Thursday evening and came back Sunday. That meant I was home alone two nights that I wasn't at the conference. I was a little scared but I did get to shampoo the carpet and on Saturday evening I went to bed at 7:30 P.M. I woke up at 6:30 A.M. Eleven straight hours of sleep. Ahhhh.... I can't remember but I am sure I did have to get up and go to the bathroom at least 5 times but still....eleven hours!

Last week was full of the typical kid stuff - going to the wading pool and tot time. My parents came to visit for a couple of days. I got to take a nap. I told my mom I was going to set my alarm for a half hour but when it went off I shut it off and went back to sleep - I woke up 2.5 hours later. While they were visiting we went shopping, ate a lot and mostly stayed inside because it was extremely hot out and we actually turned on the air conditioning. They left on Thursday morning. Jake had Thursday & Friday off. We went to the wading pool, tot time and man....I have been sleeping like a champ (during the day, at least). I am having some problems sleeping at night - probably why I am so tired during the day.

The week-end just flew by. Friday evening we had the Looman clan over for S'Mores. It is always crazy when we get all the kids together. Saturday, two of our old friends from Safe Landing and their families came over for dinner. Afterwords we walked to the park. Elise is such a daredevil. She was climbing on these monkey bar things and feel off. Luckily she didn't get hurt. It looked scary, though. While we were at the park, we ran into this guy that was a man from my past. We never dated but we had this weird thing....he liked me but I acted weird, then I thought about liking him but by then he had a girlfriend....yada yada yada. Either way, while all of this was going on, my friends at work knew (including Jake, who I was not yet dating). The guy had came to my work once and Jake said to the secretary, "she likes that dork!". Ha ha. She was one of the friends that was at the park with us. So, when we see the guy we all had a good chuckle. We talked to him. In fact, Jake and I see him all the time - he only lives a few streets away. He married the other girl and they have a little boy Elise's age. Either way, it was so nice to see the old gang. We used to spend 40 hours a week together and now we see each other about once a year.

On Sunday we went to church and they had a bunch of people over for lunch. After they left the kids and I took our afternoon naps. When we woke up we promptly left to have dinner at the Looman's house. Wow...what a busy day week.

People have been asking about the house situation that I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago. I don't know what is going on yet but I will let you know when all the details get worked out.

No comments: