Sunday, January 13, 2008

And The Adventure Continues....

I am really behind on my blogging so I may post several times today. I hope ya'll can keep up.

It has really been quite an adventurous week. I haven't even told you the half of it....Bhangra was only the beginning. Later that day I went and had an Herbal Therapy Body Wrap. I won it on the radio. It was interesting. Basically I stripped down to my undies and this lady came in and measured all sorts of places on my body. Then she proceeded to wrap my body in gauze that had been soaked in an assortment of herbs. It would have been humiliating but honestly after having three kids and that Bhangra class I basically have no dignity so to be honest....I didn't even care. So, she gets me wrapped up real good and she asks me if I was just interested in my butt being smaller or if I wanted a little "lift". I told her to give me the lift - she wrapped more gauze in a way she was trying to pick up my butt flab. Nice, I know. After that process is complete she asked me to put on this plastic sweat suit. I was wrapped so tight I couldn't even bend over, so she had to help me in. Then she put me in this darkened room with very bad music and I am supposed to sit there for an hour! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Sitting is the last thing I want to do. I hate sitting around. At this point I didn't have a choice so I sat down. I hadn't expected the sitting part so I didn't bring a book and by time I spotted the magazines across the room the lady was gone and I couldn't get up by myself so...... I eventually started digging through my purse to find something to do and came across my Ipod, which I had put in my purse for moments like this (needless to say, this was the first time I used it). I was going a little crazy so I decided to text message Jake. I am soooo slow at texting and since it cost 15 cents per text I was trying to get my monies worth and was writing a LONG text. Right in the middle of it - he called and my phone erased the whole thing. Dang - but I saved 15 cents. After my hour of sitting the lady came back, unwrapped and remeasured me. She said I lost 11.5 inches, which basically came out to 1/4 inch here and 1/2 inch there. They measure a lot of places. I did loose like an inch from my waist (supposedly). I am a bit skeptical. On the way out they gave me a hard sell sales pitch which I declined but I did buy an introductory wrap for Jacki because she was watching the kids. Hopefully she will give you a review on her new blog. In the end I think I would rather pay to have a massage but if I had another free wrap I guess I would do it. They sell them in packs of 6 - perhaps these women who pay $349 need some sort of addiction treatment.

Oh, the fun didn't stop there. When I got home Jude got his toe smashed in Elise's closet door. There was some blood and a lot of crying. He is fine. Jake took him to the doctor the next day and they put a hole in his toenail to relieve the pressure. I guess it was gross - glad I didn't go. The doctor sent him in for an xray but it isn't broken so that is good.

Thursday was a very crazy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one of the wraps several years ago and I lost several inches also but where I lost the most was in my feet. My shoes wouldn't stay on my feet they were so loose. The difference in the one I had and the one you did was they maked us move all the time and I got to where I couldn't breath so they had to loosen my wraps a little. I went back for the 2nd one but didn't lose as much as the first time. I really enjoyed doing the warp thing. Glad your trying different ways of losing weight but be very careful.

Anonymous said...

Ok HOW did u win that & WHERE can i win one too??? inches off my belly please...
just guess