Friday, January 18, 2008

A Mustard Memory....

I've been taking a look at those journals and I really don't think I have the guts to share them with you. Seriously, I was so immature (and mean). I am truly embarrassed. It is funny though...there are a lot of things I wrote about in there that have stirred up some memories. Isn't it odd how that works? There are things I COMPLETELY forgot about. Crazy. I do remember this one thing....I think it is funny. Most of my readers are my age or older so you will probably remember those Grey Poupon commercials where there was two cars next to each other, the window would roll down and one person would ask the other, "Excuse me but do you have any Grey Poupon?" They would say it in some rich, high society type accent. They were funny commercials. Well, one day I was in the car with my Mom. We were stopped at a red light in Elyria. There was a car load of teens (I was in high school at the time) next to us. They rolled down their window and motioned for my Mom to do the same. She did (my how times have changed!). I think we thought they were going to ask for directions or something. But the guy said, "Excuse me, do you have any Grey Poupon?" My Mom very quickly replied, "Well, first let me ask you a question....Are those Bugle Boy jeans you are wearing?" You may remember there was a Bugle Boy campaign at the time where people would go around asking people that question. Those kids cracked up. They certainly weren't expecting her to be so cleaver. It was fun.

So, fast forward to today. Grey Poupon is still a great mustard but it obviously isn't just for rich people (which is what I thought back then!). Lucky for me, I was given two jars of the latest and greatest from the mustard world and asked to sample them then tell you what I honestly think about it. Isn't blogging so cool? I was so excited to be able to do this. Either way, the day I got the mustard in the mail I almost immediately whipped myself up a sammie. I decided to go with the course ground version. OH MY GOODNESS. It is so good. It is relatively low in calories and pretty spicy (which I love!!!). There are other ways you can use mustard you know.... Last night during my pottery class this woman was telling me that she uses it on chicken all the time. Here is basically what she does....takes a chicken breast cuts in open and stuff with asparagus & cheese - smears it with mustard and coats with crushed corn flakes - then bakes. She said you can prepare it ahead of time or the day you want to bake it. She said it is one of her favorite recipes. I can't wait to try it. If you check out the website they have all sorts of delicious sounding recipes. Then you can have a mustard memory in the making!

No comments: