For me Goodwill Hunting has a different meaning than the movie title. I LOVE Goodwill (are you sick of hearing about it?). Every time I go there I am amazed that I find stuff I actually wanted or even needed. I get so excited about it. There is this one cashier who works there...we have somewhat of a personality clash. I don't know how to explain it. I always tell Jake about her so when he went with me she was all nice and friendly. Of course....made me look silly. It made me see her a little differently so I have been trying to be more tolerant of her quirks. When I am go to pay for the treasures I have found I can barely contain myself. Sometimes I will say...do you know what a fabulous deal this is??? This item would cost _____ at a regular store. She always looks at me like I am crazy. I don't think she likes her job very much. Last night I went shopping and my cart was packed....this is the best time to shop - everyone is getting rid of the old to make room for the new. One of the other girls who works there commented that I was buying out the store. I know it is sad that the employees at Goodwill recognize me and talk to me like an old friend. I listen to talk radio all day, feed the squirrels and I am a regular at the local thrift store. I am a weirdo.
Here is a list of 13 things I have bought at Goodwill. Many of the items were BRAND STINKIN NEW!!!!
1. Starbucks French Press $3.20
2. Born Shoes (never worn!!!) $3
3. Books (Rachel Ray cookbook, Jodi Picoult, others fresh off the shelves of Borders) .50 - $1
4. Eddie Bauer Sweater (with tags!!!!) $3.99
5. Scrapbooks - in packaging $2.40 each
6. Evenflo Megasaucer Circus - very clean and looks new $3.25
7. Cricut Diecut Cartridge - George Font (rare) $3ish
8. Pottery Craft augratin dish & covered one quart bean pot (beautiful!!!) $4.80 total
9. Plantoys oval xylophone $1.20
10. Cleveland Browns Cap (with tags!!! I bought this one in TN while visiting my mom) $1
11. Curiosity Kits Chocolate Monster Pops kit in the wrapper $2
12. Twister Moves DVD edition (open but almost never used) $1.30
13. Full Size Sheet Pan (two of them) $4.80 for both.
Oh, my list could go on and on, although I have never seen bathroom vanities there.Doesn't it make you want to run out and check out your local thrift store????