Monday, February 19, 2007

I don't have time....

I don't really have time to be writing but I couldn't resist. The Millers had a great week-end. We didn't really do much of anything exciting. We did go out to dinner with two other couples on Friday night. It was a lot of fun. I ate a TON of food. It tasted so good. Unfortunately it made me sick for most of Saturday. After dinner we went to this other place called the Noisy Oyster and the guys ate more food!!!! I was stuffed and couldn't bear the thought of another bite. I don't know how they do it. Anyhoo....Saturday we went on a brief shopping trip. I bought Elise 3 pair of socks. I know, not much of anything. Sunday we went to church. It was a great service. Then we rushed home, ate lunch, then headed over to the Pastor's house for a membership class. It was nice to get to know some of the other newbies. There were 11 of us all together. After that we came home and watched the Daytona 500. Well, I actually slept for an hour or so (which I like to do during NASCAR races. I did wake up for the last 50 laps, which are always, by far the most exciting. There were three wrecks. One was huge. One guy even crossed the finish line on his hood! It was a photo finish and the guy I really wanted to win (Mark Martin) lost again (his 23rd time). It was disappointing but exciting nonetheless. If you are one of those people that thinks NASCAR is boring - you must not understand it. Once you learn a little about the racers personalities and the rules of the game, it is as good as any daytime soap. In fact, my next blog post (maybe later today....if I get my work done) is going to be about NASCAR & Moonshine (another Scott County post if you were wondering ha ha). Until then have a fabulous Monday!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

On his hood?! We didn't watch it! I guess we missed out.

I always wanted to go to the Noisy Oyster when we lived up there. Never did make it.