Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Tattoo Meme....

Amy tipped me off to a new meme about tattoos! You just take a picture of your tattoo & post it along with the "story" of your tattoo. Then you go to weezie doo and icey, too! , who started this whole thing & tell her about your tat. Oh the fun. BTW.... a 2006 study done by the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology found that 24% of Americans between 18 & 50 are tattooed!!! The survey also showed that apx. 36% of Americans age 18-29 have at least one tattoo! They are very popular.

I had wanted to get a tattoo for a long time but I kept putting it off. I don't know....I couldn't decide what I wanted and THANK GOD I didn't get some of the things I had planned to get back in the day. After I was about 26 or so I decided I would never get one. One day Jake & I were at a staff meeting for work and we sat next to this guy who is covered in tattoos. Jake starts talking to the guy about them and realizes they all have a Christian theme. Kinda cool. After the meeting Jake informed me he wants to get a tattoo! What???? Are you crazy? He has always been the conservative one & I was the wild child. I was actually upset because I thought he was going through some early adulthood crisis or something. So, he started looking on line at different tattoo designs. He found a Christian Tattoo Association. They had all sorts of designs. I looked a little but still thought he was crazy. I did see one I kinda liked but blew it off as a little stage he was going through. Months later we went to Maine for a little vacation with the family & Jake said, "let's get tattoos." I said, "okay". Just like that I caved in. We went to the place and I had the guy look up the tattoo that I liked on-line. He was all annoyed that I didn't want original art. Tattoo snob, I guess. I didn't care. This little heavily tattooed twig girl did mine. She had a friend who named her son Wolfe. Jake however, did get original art and his is HUGE. Maybe he will post it. Mine is small and on the back of my ankle/leg. The picture isn't the best because I took it myself and I had to sit in a very peculiar position to take the photo. I was 29 & pregnant with my daughter when I got the tattoo. I don't have plans for another but like I said...I didn't have plans for that one either.





3 comments:

mamamilkers said...

I love it! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
delilah said...

The last comment was mine and I deleted it. Either way...I was trying to say, I lied. I actually got that tattoo when I was 31! Yikes, where has the time gone?