Friday, February 09, 2007

So....This Week

Current Temp: 2 degrees F
No. of Cards I Made this week: 17
Time I fell asleep last night: 8:15ish P.M.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the "meme" (still not sure where that word came from) that I forget to tell you what is really going on. So, I will try to catch you all up. I went to the doctor this week. I lost 4 lbs. My doctor didn't seem that surprised or worried. She gave me some tips (the normal things you read in books - except she did say to try to get some fresh air! A bit cold for that right now!). We got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It took the nurse a while to find it....the little booger was hiding. We scheduled my 20ish week ultrasound, which isn't until mid-March. If you were looking to find out if we are having a boy or girl you will have to wait until then. Patience....Patience. I will admit I am excited to find out. I have been thinking girl all along but lately I have been second guessing my gut feeling. I guess there isn't really a way to know until we see for sure. Jude insists it is a boy and he wants to name him Buzz Lightyear or Charlie. Oh, so back to the doctor. She gave me a prescription for Nexium. With Jude & Elise it was a life saver (controlled those stomach acids & heartburn). I was so happy when she gave me that little slip of paper. Jake took it to get it filled and found out our insurance will not cover Nexium until I try out two other meds! I am so annoyed. I was doing a little research and it looks like one of the medications can't even be taken by pregnant women. Jake talked to the insurance company and they said I only have to try the other two (well now I have to call them and tell them I can't take the one) for a week then they will give me the nexium. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal BUT my OB is leaving for New Zealand and won't be here to write out all these prescriptions. ARGGGHHHH. I just can't stand that my insurance company (not my doctor) is deciding what medications I can and cannot take. It is a real injustice!

Yesterday Jude started his Pottery Class. It is for 3, 4 and 5 year olds. It is called Mudpies. I had signed him up around Christmas and he was excited about it. Yesterday he changed his mind. He was in his room yelling, "I am not going to pottery class!!!" After I talked to him about it he decided to go peacefully. I think he was nervous. Once I explained to him it is where I take my class and he would have the same teacher he was okay with it. I decided it would be a good idea to walk. I checked the temp and it was about 25 and the place isn't even a block away so I bundled everyone up, loaded Elise into the stroller (she came to observe) and headed to the Quirk. Well, I learned a lesson yesterday....strollers don't work in the snow. Apparently no one in my neighborhood believes in shoveling their sidewalks (including us). Normally I think they would be clear but this frigid cold and little snow here and there has built up. Either way....we made it there. As I was getting the kids unbundled I asked Elise if that was fun. She said very firmly, "NO". It was cute. In the end, Jude LOVED his class. He made this little heart thing and some other little things. Then he got to help make a "pot" (small bowl) on the wheel. He really liked that part. His class is really only 3 weeks long but he is looking forward to next week.

Well, that is about all the excitement I had this week. Today a friend of mine is coming over and bringing her son to play with Jude. They haven't seen each other in a while so it is exciting for him. I need to get going to try to clean the house (yikes!!!).

Have a great week-end!

1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

I bet it was so cute the little kids doing pottery!