Current Temp: -2 degrees F
Wind Chill: -12 degrees F
I have a habit of planning to do things that take forever to get underway. Sometimes I even buy the stuff or part of the stuff and carry it around for years before I actually get to it. Am I the only one that does this??? I doubt it. So, here is a list of projects I want to do but haven't yet!
1. My Mosaic table. I bought this antique coffee table and 2 end tables a couple of summers ago. I have thought of designs and planned but I was sorta waiting until we bought a house. Also the mosaic pieces are pretty expensive so that was prohibiting me. BUT....just last week my pottery teacher told me I could make my own mosaic pieces. How awesome. So I will be starting that project soon!
2. My quilt. I started this beautiful red & white, courthouse step quilt about 3-4 years ago but I haven't worked on it in at least 2! I do want to finish it. Maybe I will make it for Elise's big girl bed. That still gives me some time!
3. Scrapbooks!!!! I am so behind. I've only done Jude's first year and a couple of pages of Elise's first year. I did get out wedding done but I have thousand of pics that need to be preserved!
4. Print out all my pictures. I am going to send them somewhere. If you send away for them at Walmart it is cheap but they only do glossy! I can't stand glossy. I am a matte kinda girl!
5. Rag Rug. I started collecting fabric for it 2 Christmas's ago after visiting my cousin. His wife made a very cool round rag rug. I was "inspired" but obviously the inspiration was short lived.
6. Selling stuff I've made. Little craft kits for kids, my pottery, cards, etc... Wow...how clean my basement would be if I did all these things.....
7. Speaking of pictures and scrapbooks. I have tons of old pics I want to scan and email to people I know. I have some great shots. I was (okay still am) the girl with a camera in her hand.
8. Sweater Purses. I have been saving my old sweaters to make things out of them. I saw a blog somewhere that has instruction for it. They look really easy. I guess it would help if I unpacked my sewing machine.
9. My family tree. I started working on this a while ago. I did A LOT of work and research. I could get lost for hours buried in Census reports and on-line research sites. I even went around and took pics of old tomb stones. I really need to organize everything. I did lose some stuff (on-line) when my computer crashed earlier this year so I need to re-input that stuff. Eventually I would like to make a family history book.
10. E Bay selling... Last week I finally did list a few maternity items that don't fit me (thanks to my sister). I made $58, which is more than I ever made at one of my garage sales! So, I have a ton of other stuff I've been saying I am going to list but just haven't gotten around to it. I think that may be my first project tackle!
11. Vinyl Bowls. I just heard about these last week. You make them out of old albums that you melt in the oven. I am so intrigued. I can't wait to try them. Wouldn't it be a cool gift for someone going away to college or getting their first apartment? I think it would be a hit! Get it, a hit? I crack myself up.
12. Teddy Bears. I bought a very cute pattern and some fake fur to make a teddy bear but never even opened the pattern. My mom made dolls and "care bears" for us when we were kids. Wasn't that a nice handmade gift? I want to make stuff for my kids.
13. Baby wearing stuff. I have already made quite a few tube style slings but I would like to branch out. The possibilities are limitless.... I do have a sling or two to make for other people so I guess I should get started on that soon!
Whew....I have a lot of stuff to work on. I thought I'd have a problem coming up with 13 - HA!
Have a great Thursday! Hopefully you are warmer than us. The temp dropped to -3 degrees F since I have been sitting here!