Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #14,,,,Projects I want to do!

Current Temp: -2 degrees F
Wind Chill: -12 degrees F

I have a habit of planning to do things that take forever to get underway. Sometimes I even buy the stuff or part of the stuff and carry it around for years before I actually get to it. Am I the only one that does this??? I doubt it. So, here is a list of projects I want to do but haven't yet!

1. My Mosaic table. I bought this antique coffee table and 2 end tables a couple of summers ago. I have thought of designs and planned but I was sorta waiting until we bought a house. Also the mosaic pieces are pretty expensive so that was prohibiting me. BUT....just last week my pottery teacher told me I could make my own mosaic pieces. How awesome. So I will be starting that project soon!

2. My quilt. I started this beautiful red & white, courthouse step quilt about 3-4 years ago but I haven't worked on it in at least 2! I do want to finish it. Maybe I will make it for Elise's big girl bed. That still gives me some time!

3. Scrapbooks!!!! I am so behind. I've only done Jude's first year and a couple of pages of Elise's first year. I did get out wedding done but I have thousand of pics that need to be preserved!

4. Print out all my pictures. I am going to send them somewhere. If you send away for them at Walmart it is cheap but they only do glossy! I can't stand glossy. I am a matte kinda girl!

5. Rag Rug. I started collecting fabric for it 2 Christmas's ago after visiting my cousin. His wife made a very cool round rag rug. I was "inspired" but obviously the inspiration was short lived.

6. Selling stuff I've made. Little craft kits for kids, my pottery, cards, etc... Wow...how clean my basement would be if I did all these things.....

7. Speaking of pictures and scrapbooks. I have tons of old pics I want to scan and email to people I know. I have some great shots. I was (okay still am) the girl with a camera in her hand.

8. Sweater Purses. I have been saving my old sweaters to make things out of them. I saw a blog somewhere that has instruction for it. They look really easy. I guess it would help if I unpacked my sewing machine.

9. My family tree. I started working on this a while ago. I did A LOT of work and research. I could get lost for hours buried in Census reports and on-line research sites. I even went around and took pics of old tomb stones. I really need to organize everything. I did lose some stuff (on-line) when my computer crashed earlier this year so I need to re-input that stuff. Eventually I would like to make a family history book.

10. E Bay selling... Last week I finally did list a few maternity items that don't fit me (thanks to my sister). I made $58, which is more than I ever made at one of my garage sales! So, I have a ton of other stuff I've been saying I am going to list but just haven't gotten around to it. I think that may be my first project tackle!

11. Vinyl Bowls. I just heard about these last week. You make them out of old albums that you melt in the oven. I am so intrigued. I can't wait to try them. Wouldn't it be a cool gift for someone going away to college or getting their first apartment? I think it would be a hit! Get it, a hit? I crack myself up.

12. Teddy Bears. I bought a very cute pattern and some fake fur to make a teddy bear but never even opened the pattern. My mom made dolls and "care bears" for us when we were kids. Wasn't that a nice handmade gift? I want to make stuff for my kids.

13. Baby wearing stuff. I have already made quite a few tube style slings but I would like to branch out. The possibilities are limitless.... I do have a sling or two to make for other people so I guess I should get started on that soon!

Whew....I have a lot of stuff to work on. I thought I'd have a problem coming up with 13 - HA!

Have a great Thursday! Hopefully you are warmer than us. The temp dropped to -3 degrees F since I have been sitting here!

14 comments:

Raggedy said...

I hope you get to do them all and enjoy every single one. I wish I was crafty.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Celfyddydau said...

I daren't start a list. I hope you get to do at least one of the things on yours. I decided with the scrapbooking to concentrate on one album at a time. I am currently nearly done with the wolf day one.

Unknown said...

That's a great list for a Thursday Thirteen! I'm a crafter, too, but I knit, crochet, spin, and dye yarn/fiber. I'm trying to keep my list down, but it's hard isn't it? I've sold on ebay here & there, but it's time consuming. Have you checked out etsy at all? You should if you are selling stuff you make/craft kits, and I think they are way better than ebay!

BTW, I'm a first time Thursday 13-er, and my list is up!

Caylynn said...

Those sound like cool projects. You clearly have a lot of interests and talents. Good luck with them!

Happy T13. :)

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT idea for a TT! I have so many projects I'm not even sure I could list them all. But I need to. Then I can see (and probably faint over) everything I "need" to do. My problem is, I keep adding to the list.

I'm an overachiever with no motivation. Is that bad or what? lol

Thanks for stopping by!

Mercy's Maid said...

You're so creative! My big unfinished project is a painting for a friend's baby's room. The kid is like 6 months old now and I still haven't finished it (I started it before he was born). I'm just a perfectionist and it's frustrating me that the painting isn't up to my standards. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Mary said...

WOW! I have a list similar to that. I think it's the nature of the crafter... so many crafts, so little time. Same goes with blogging. Happy 13!

JAM said...

"carry it around for years before I actually get to it..."

Um, yeah. It's a common human affliction. I certainly have it. If I could follow through, I'd be an honest to goodness rennaisance man.

My big thing is pictures. I've been trying to scan and organize for over a year, working diligently I might add, and have barely made a dent.

Good luck.

Unknown said...

I have so many projects that I've put on the back burner since I'm writing so much these days. I need to get back to the scarf I started knitting two years ago *sigh*.

Thanks for stopping by my site today!

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Good job on the ebay! Keep it up you will be making more money on your ebay cards, and sweaters, and clothes, scrapbooks anything you can do (and you do them well btw)... you will be making more moeny than you did selling insurance...

delilah said...

Ha. That wouldn't be hard to do.

Stephanie Appleton said...

We should get together and do the rugs since that is on both our lists!

Anonymous said...

You're very crafty. I would love a mosaic table. Next house I'm going to go more international in decor. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Scribbit said...

I'd never heard of vinyl bowls but you're right, they're intriguing.

I've done quilts but it's been years. They are a HUGE project and I seem to be so much busier nowadays. They're fun to make though.