Sunday, November 25, 2007

Nana's House...

I know five posts in one day is a little excessive but I am trying to catch up if you know what I mean. I wasn't on the computer that much while I was in Tennessee and I guess I am getting my computer fix all in one day. Ha ha. Maybe I am working on my IBM memory.

I have told you so much about the Miller complex in West Virginia but I haven't really told you much about my parent's place. Probably because the stories aren't really funny the way the Miller ones are....but I do want to show you some pics of their place.

As most of you know, I grew up in Vermilion. My parents grew up in Robbins, Tennessee and moved to Ohio so my dad could work at the Lorain Ford plant. Basically we stayed there until my Dad retired. My sister had gotten married and was living in Amherst. I was still single but lived in the Akron area. My grandparents were getting old and needed some help so my parents packed up their stuff and moved back to Tennessee. At the time it didn't seem like a big deal. I see them more now than I did when they lived an hour away. But...now that Heather and I have kids it would be nice if they lived closer. That isn't going to happen anytime soon. It is really beautiful where there live BUT it is in the middle of NOWHERE. Seriously. It takes almost a half an hour to get to Walmart or any other grocery store. Don't even think about going to mall if you don't want to make a whole day of it.

This is the bottom of the driveway.
From the bottom of the driveway - this is the road to the road they live on. Does that even make sense? You turn off the main road onto a driveway that goes to my cousin's house. My parents driveway is off that....the important thing to know is they are all gravel roads. It is pretty rural out there.

I took this picture from their front porch. The building in the photo is the garage. The stairs up the back go to the apartment. They lived up there while they were building the house. Now, when people come to visit they can stay there or in the house. While we were visiting my dad's friends came and stayed in the apartment. It is their "hunting cabin".

That is the house. It isn't the greatest picture but I took while standing on the apartment "porch".

Another view from the apartment. You can see the Gazebo my dad designed and built. My Aunt Catherine got married in the Gazebo.

It is a little hard to see but in this is my dad's tractor barn.
This is some land my parents own.

Another view from the apartment.

The driveway from the apartment.

The bottom of the driveway. My parents have this big rock they decorate.

There....now you have visuals of what my parents place is like....

1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Looks like a beautiful weekend there. Missed you though!