Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Almost Spring....

I can't wait for Spring. I have Spring Fever so bad. It was slightly warmer today and I wanted to be outside. It is supposed to be in the 60's by Friday. I can hardly stand it. We are already making plans. I told Jude it is going to be warm and he could go outside without his coat on this week-end. He said he is happy. I told him before we know it, it would be summer. I explained we would be able to go on bike rides, go hiking and play outside all day long. He said "can we have a garden?" I told him we could. He said "we can plant shrimp and beans and matos." Isn't that funny. He always has seafood on the brain. We went out to eat on Sunday to this nice restaurant. We were being seated at our table and Jude said, "mom, are we going to eat lobster?" I had to laugh. My three year old knows the difference between McDonalds (where he asks for a toy) and the type of place that would serve lobster (maybe it was the cloth napkins that tipped him off). He did get to eat a little crab meat.

We were on the way to a friends house today. She lives in the country so we were driving along this country road. We were driving past this pond. Jude said, "mom, does a whale live in that water?" I told him whales live in salt water in the ocean. He asked a bunch of questions about the ocean. Then he said our bathtub is the ocean and he likes to eat salt when he is in the bathtub, just like a whale. He says the cutest things. I swear he is so smart and he asked 10,000 questions about everything. We never read a book or go anywhere without questions. So, needless to say we didn't have a quiet, reflective drive there or back. Questions, questions, questions.

Well, anyways, I am excited about Spring and better weather. I can't wait to plant stuff and wear my flip flops. Jude is just as excited. Can't wait....

2 comments:

amyd76 said...

I've got spring fever big time too. It is supposed to be in the lower 70's today and tomorrow, but maybe rainy. About the million questions from Jude, Isabella asks TONS of questions too. I like it, but sometimes I'd just like some quiet...and that NEVER happens.

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

quiet............ What is that again? I don't think that word will enter my vocabulary for another 20 years. Oh unless I am yelling it at the kids...alll four of them...