Monday, March 06, 2006

So, I had this dream...

Not last night but the night before last. Saturday night. I didn't used to tell people my dreams because I do think your dreams reveal so much about your subconscious. I don't believe in that dream interpretation stuff like if you dream someone is born then that means someone will die. But seriously...if I dream I go to work with no clothes on, it probably means I am feeling inadequate or insecure about something. Either way, I have decided to tell you about my dream. I will be adding comments or background info in italic. I dreamed I was in Vermilion (The town I grew up in. It is about an hour or so away from where I live now.) I was riding the bus but I was an adult in my dream. There were other adults riding the bus as well. They were people I rode the bus with when I was a kid but they were all grown up and living at home, I guess. Tiffany was on the bus. (She is my friend that quit talking to me a long time ago, pretty suddenly. It was a shock and very painful. It took me years to get over and as you can see still haunts me every now and then.) Tiffany did ride my bus as a kid. I stayed the night at her house a couple of times and caught the bus from her house. Well, in this dream we were riding along and Tiffany and I were talking. It was like a reunion. We were catching up on all the missed stuff we hadn't talked about in the last 4 years. Then the bus stops at the stop before Tiffany's house. She gets off. I was confused but waited until it got to her real house and I got off. I was going to visit her and continue our reunion. She was walking down the street so I start walking down her driveway. It was different than in real life. Paved and it had this stone wall along the side. There were candles lit and sitting on the stone wall. I get up to the house and I see her dad. He looked different. Taller and younger. He asks me where I have been. I tell him it is complicated but I have two children now. I guess I didn't tell him I got married since he was at the wedding in real life. He wasn't friendly but offered my some roasted coffee beans (not the chocolate covered kind). I started eating them. He left. Tiffany finally gets home and I started talking to her. She wouldn't talk to me. She was angry and asked me to leave. I was so confused. She went in the house and I stayed on the porch, eating roasted coffee beans. Then I remembered Tiffany's mom had died and I started to think that is why she wasn't talking to me today. In real life, Tiffany's mom did pass away. I didn't find out until 3 months after her death. I was so upset and embarrassed that I had not talked to her for years because I was mad at her daughter. I had known her since I was in kindergarten. She drove me to school , took me on vacation and was always like a second mom to me. So, then I woke up. Weird, huh? What I really think is weird is that yesterday was Tiffany's birthday. She turned 30. Happy Birthday Tiffany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had those kinds of dreams too - its like your mind is trying to fix some messed up relationship that you can't fix in real life. I still have people in my life that i've either lost through disconnect or through some misunderstanding but aren't willing to makeup. Sometimes i haven't even been able to figure out what i did in the first place. The good parts of the dream are nice because the relationship is back. The bad part is where it doesn't work out again - or even worse, you wake up, and you're not made up. But for awhile, its all seems so real...