Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I am a Lone Stamper.....

Now that I finished the Thanksgiving cards for work and sent them on their merry way, I am ready to start my Christmas cards. I made my Christmas cards last year and found it to be quite rewarding so I am doing it again this year. I went to a Stampin' Up party back in September and ordered this nice snowflake set of stamps. I wasn't sure what I would do with them but I thought they were really pretty and even reminded me of my wedding a little. If you recall, Jake & I got married on Dec. 29th & our decorations included snowflakes. Our leaning cake even had snowflakes on it. So, I've had these stamps for a couple of months now but I haven't really done anything with them. It is funny because for the last two years I have had Stampin' Up parties in the fall & people have ordered their Christmas stamps. Both years we talk about getting together to make cards. Well...it never seems to happen. Last night I was in my basement designing away & I was thinking about last year when I sent out my cards. My one friend called & told me I was in trouble because another friend had received my card and was upset I made my own without her. Oops. I felt bad and called her to apologize and promise her "next year....". Well, here we are and I am stamping away - by myself. It is not that I am a bad friend. I just have to get things done when I have the opportunity. Last year that meant coloring all those little trucks red while we were driving to West Virginia for Thanksgiving. Last night, I cut & punched while watching T.V. I didn't have to get my stuff together and lug it anywhere. I feel the same about scrapbooking - which I've only done 4 pages since last Christmas. People like to go to "crops". I kinda like to go to but I just like to socialize & get other people's ideas. I never really get anything done at those.

If you are on my Christmas card list...lucky you (ha ha). This years card is so beautiful. Yesterday I showed my friend (~) a prototype - it was awful compared to the final draft. She said she even liked it...wait until she sees the real thing.... I told Jake I couldn't stop staring at the card because it is so pretty. I know - I am a weirdo.

So, there it is: I am lone stamper.

3 comments:

Jake said...

Hmm, yeah. The card was great.

Heather said...

I'm the same way. I went to one stamp camp (which made my sister almost squirt milk out her nose) and it was way too long for me. I've also been invited to some get-togethers at our local putt-putt course's indoor play area to stamp and scrap while the kids play, but like you, I would spend the time talking. I'm get much more done while the kids are sleeping or when they stamp with me.

Anonymous said...

You are TOOOOO funny! I did love the card. You are such a creative person. The homemade cards mean so much more then the store bought. And I am only assuming I am on your Christmas card list. :)
Love ya!
~Me