Thursday, November 16, 2006
Thursday Thirteen #2 - Life's To Do List.....
I had originally planned to post 13 pictures from my vacation but I messed that up didn't I (see yesterday's post)? So, today I am giving you my list of things I would like to do before I die. Of course, I have many more than 13 things I'd like to do before my ultimate demise but for the purposes of the game.....I give you THIRTEEN.
1. Learn to play the guitar. I have been saying I am going to do this for years. I just haven't made the time. I don't plan to be a rock star or anything and seriously, I can't sing at all but I would still like to learn.
2. Finish my family history research and make it into a book. I did start and I've done a lot of research. I've learned so much. I want to know more and I know the information is out there. I just need to collect & organize.
3. Travel to Alaska. Jake and his family has been twice. They (some of them) backpacked. Maybe someday Jake or his dad will blog about those trips. It would be a good story. In fact, if they don't I might have to give my account (based on what I watched on the news). Ha. Either way, I would like to go. I've see the photos and it looks amazing.
4. Own a house. We almost bought a house last year but that didn't end up working out. In hindsight, I am so glad it didn't. We would have been unhappy there. If we are staying in Ohio, which it appears that way....I'd like to live in Peninsula. I love it there. I want to have a big yard and a garden. Maybe even a small greenhouse so we can have stuff year round.
5. Get out of debt. Enough said.
6. Open a youth center. Well, this is a borrowed goal. Jake really wants to do this. He has been talking about it since I met him. My friend Melanie, also would like to start one. So, someday I think we will.
7. See my children grow into productive & healthy adults who love life, God & their family. That is my job, right?
8. Make peace with my mother. I'm a little nervous about even writing this...so please let me explain. I am not estranged from my mother or anything. We actually talk several times a week and she (well, I know my dad does) reads my blog. I love my mom. She has been a wonderful mother. She is one of those types that cooks everything perfectly and kept the house in a neat & tidy fashion. She took care of both of her parents, when they were dying and could have justifiably been put in a nursing home. She is always taking care of someone else. But we are always clashing. It seems like everything she does bugs me and everything I do hurts her. Trust me....this started when I was three. I am so aware that life is short and she won't be here forever. I don't want to have this kind of relationship with my mom. So there...that's a serious one.
9. Finish a quilt. I started one, like 4 years ago. It is complicated. I haven't finished it. And I started another but I think I only did like 3 blocks. And I have a huge bin of material just waiting but be created into something magnificent.
10. Get in shape. I have the gym pass. I still have my youth (ha ha...it is all relative, isn't it). I just need to do it.
11. Read the entire Bible. I truly believe the Bible has all the answers. I am always amazed by how something that was written so long ago can be so relevant today. So, I want to read the whole thing.
12. Reconcile with my old friend, Tiffany. She used to be my best friend. It was a crazy friendship and probably not that healthy. But we have a lot of history. We have only talked once in almost 5 years. I am sure we are a lot different now but I still miss her.
13. Save "my" world. My whole life people have been telling me, "you know, you can't save the world". Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. But that doesn't mean I won't die trying. Sometimes I get distracted from this goal but every now & then it resurfaces. I realize the whole world is a little much but "my world" - the people around me....now that is a different story.
If you want to see more Thursday Thirteens go here. Have a great day!