Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006...Already????

Where did 2005 go so quickly? Man, it flew by. It was a busy year. Jake and I only know busy years. We haven't sat down since we met. Well, I think New Year's Day is good for reflection and planning. I do have a few resolutions but nothing out of the ordinary. We want to buy a house...the sooner the better. I want to get rid of more junk. I've been working on that for a while.

Today we are having Christmas with my family, at my sister's house in Lorain. It should be nice. All but one of my gifts were handmade. I think it is going to go over well. I made Indy dress up clothes. She is really into weddings, since she was in one last fall. I made her a bouquet and veil, a sling for her baby dolls, a pink, sparkley dress, a pink poofy skirt and some chunky pink "diamond" bracelets. I think she is going to love it. Hopefully. Jude is getting a guitar from my sister. It is real and kid sized. He is going to love it. He is so into the cowboy thing right now. Last night we went to the Looman's house. Everytime a new person came in he went to get his boots to show them. Isn't that funny? He is so proud. I think the guitar will complete his "Woody" image.

Have a Happy New Year! Remember, there is an old saying that says whatever you do on the first day of the year is what you will be doing for they entire year.....

5 comments:

cac said...

Hey! stranger.. I have resurfaced.. We have been trying to find your number but the old job says that they don't have the new one... Life is crazy and we are just getting to the surface my blog is back but the first posting is well a rant of sorts... Hope to hear from you soon and if your post is right Brad and I will be fighting forever.

delilah said...

Our number didn't change. They just wish they didn't know it.... ha ha ha. CGC wanted to give us a card, all the case managers signed it all everything. "The old job" still hasn't given it to us. Maybe they don't have our new address either. I'll call you. I have something for you anyhow....

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time with your mom and dad, guess they told you we visited with them Wed. night. Jack has been on vacation for over a week, however, he's been sick..ugh!! We spent Christmas and New Years in church. We are really enjoying our church, and to think, that was the biggest problem I had with moving back here. (Now, the biggest problem is not getting to go shopping all the time). I took the girls and went to GA Monday after Christmas--to shop!

Please ask skeina to make her blog where I can comment.

Anonymous said...

I just found your church site, from your links. Thanks you so much for posting it, I was reading the info. and found the answer to a question I have been pondering about. I'm so excited..God showed me the answer.
Love,
Aunt Debbie

Justiene said...

Please don't tell me that the thing I was doing the first day of the new year is what I will be doing all year... cuz that was nothing, no place was open to call about jobs, I couldn't go anywhere either to put in applications... this job hunting thing sucks. I hope you had a good new year.