Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Thirteenth Day of Christmas...WARNING do not read while eating!

Yes, this is the blog you have been waiting for... We spent the weekend in West Virginia with the Millers. We were in Tennessee on the 25th and then we had celebrated with my sister's family on New Year's Day. This week-end was reserved for the Miller family. It was a little wierd having "Christmas" 13 days after the actual Holiday passed but nice. It was great to have the extra 2 weeks to prepare and everyone seemed less stressed. I also did a little shopping after Christmas, which saved a bundle.

Pretty much the week-end went of without a hitch. We got there on Friday. All the kids were so excited to be together. Saturday morning we got up and enjoyed a delicious breakfast of Flathead & Gingerbread Pancakes. Then we opened the gifts. I think everyone liked thier gifts. We got Paul a large print Bible. I typed up a letter in a 28 pt. font explaining we could get him the Giant print if he needed it. We got Tim a new Indians baseball hat to replace the one he has been wearing around since High School...it was really worn out and gross. We gave him a garbage bag as well. After the gifts we had to run to town for Lydia's birthday cake. It was Jake, Tim, Eric and me. We stopped by and did a little geocaching. It was a fairly easy one but with the three guys we had to go the "short cut" you know...as the crow flies... I ended up sliding down this embankment, on my butt, and almost ended up in the creek. Nice. We went home, ate a fabulous meal, then off to geocache again. We did a mile and half hike. It was uphill half way and down hill the other half. Either way, I got my work out. We got back with just enough time to do Lydia's birthday cake and gifts. We had to get the kids ready for bed because we were all planning to go to church the next morning.

So, Sunday morning we decided to pack our stuff up and just take it to church with us so we wouldn't have to drive back to the property. Tim had already left for church because he plays the drums in the worship band. Steph and the kids were going to ride with Paul and Linda so, Ashely and Miles rode with us. Eric had already went back to Ohio, he had to work today. Well, right before I got in the van I thought...man, nothing crazy happened this week-end. I took a few snap shots of all the mud and considered calling this post Mud and talking about how everything is so stinking muddy down there. Well, the church the Miller clan attends is very far away. It takes about 45 minutes to get to. We got in the van and we were listening to my Kenny Chesney Greatest Hits CD. Ashely and Miles like Kenny. They have some of his CD's. I was suprised they were singing along. Well, Paul decided to go the back roads. He thought it was funny that I might get car sick. Real funny. The kids ended up falling asleep during the long ride. We ended up driving on the highway for most of the trip. We get off at our exit and take a couple of turns and the kids are starting to stir. I hear Miles cough, then Ashely says, "Miles just threw up." I'm thinking....this can't be happening. I hear another heave, then another and another. Jake immediately rolls down the windows. Ashley says "It's in the cup holder, like last time." I looked at Jake and say, "I guess I have something to blog about now." I really did think that...I have a serious blogging problem. We got to the church seriously, one minute later. I told Jude not to look back and got him out of the car so fast. Jake got out of the van, took one look at Miles and threw up...right there in the church parking lot. Miles finally got out of the van. He still had chewed up eggs hanging off his face. This time it didn't all land in the cup holder...it was all over him. He walked over to Paul, who took one look at him and ran away gagging. Linda went inside to get some stuff to clean up the breakfast barf. Miles changed and we all went in while Linda cleaned up the mess. She also threw up (or dry heaved) out in the parking lot. Jake said the when he smelled bacon, he just lost it.

I know it is hard to believe this could really happen but it did. Nothing is EVER normal with this family. I am ashamed that I even thought about doubting they would deliver a fantastic story for everyone to read.

Have a great day! Don't eat eggs and bacon anytime soon. Think of my blog as your "New Year's Diet Plan". Read it and you won't feel like eating.

6 comments:

Jake said...

After Miles had thrown up, I seriously did smell bacon. I didn't realize at the time it was from Miles. When I stopped the van and went to take Elise out thats when it hit me. It WAS Mile's bacon he had EATEN for breakfast. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I ran into the grass and had a mini-puke. After Miles had changed into some clean clothes I asked him why he didn't say he wasn't feeling good, he didn't say much of an answer. I then told him he needs to tell someone if he is feeling sick while riding in a vehicle, he replied, "maybe I will." Umm..... no you will tell someone or you are cleaning it up yourself. From now on Miles is banned from riding in our van when there are two vehicles involved.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone needs barf bags in their vehicles with this crowd! I notice Linda was left holding . . . er, NOT holding the bag. Wonder how her blog would read (if she had one).
Aunt Nancy

Justiene said...

Your right it is hard to believe that could happen. I can't believe so many people in your family are like that. I mean it has to be genetic then right? I have never been like that, I mean it isn't something I like to deal with either but I don't have that kind of reaction, and I even read it twice to see if Jude threw up. So seeing that he didn't I think he deserves that KEN doll...:)
Just wanted to let you know that Becca and Rixie both really liked Jude's present.

Anonymous said...

Just a couple of comments:
Ah.... that wasn't a back road we took - that's the one we always take for church or when I go to work. Jake was following us and we thought about seeing if he could keep up with us, but remembered he had Miles with him and didn't think that would be a good idea - guess it didn't matter anyway.
I think it's Jake's van!!!
Overeasy eggs don't look so good on the plate the first time - I didn't need to "smell" anything. Just looking into the back of Jakes van was enough for me!!! And to think, I really shouldn't have been there anyway. I'd been sick Saturday night and still wasn't feeling too good. Paul had asked me several times that morning "don't you just think it would be better to stay home and get some sleep." But being a true Mamaw, I couldn't send the grandkids off to church without me. Oh, hindsight. At least I hadn't eaten any breakfast - things could have been much worse that they were!!!

Nancy - I've thought about a blog -it's on the back burner.

"Mamaw", "mom" "Linda"

toys r us kid(s) said...

Hi.My name's Deliah,...and I'm a compulsive blogger.
"HI DELILAH!!!!"

delilah said...

Okay, so maybe it wasn't a West Virginia backroad...there wasn't a creek you had to drive in or anything (which we did drive on a road like that on Saturday) but it wasn't a main road like in Ohio. It didn't have a painted line on most of it which to me would constitute a backroad. Either way...Thank you Linda for cleaning it up. At least you weren't there for the banana barf!